Player Thread: Patrick Roberts

Looked Messi-lite at times.

Dude seems to have some real skill. Possible Navas replacement next year?

he did two thing last night that navas couldnt do,he dribbled passed his man and scored with ease
I meant Navas' replacement on the squad (I think he's out of contract), not an actual Navas replacement in terms of skills and what he does on the field.

If he is getting games with Celtic then lets keep him there for another season.

Nothing improve a player more than playing regularly.
Absolutely not. If he's not in Peps plans I would much rather see him go to a PL club like Bournemouth. One more season in the Scottish league won't be good for his development imo.

He beat Clichy easy enough twice but he didn't beat Sané.

He's a talent but he's got some serious competition, from signings but also from kids years younger than him but not years behind him.

Imo if he's to make it at City, it's not the Clichy beating bit that will do it ( we could all do that these days). It's if he has the brain to unlock defences. He's starting to show a bit of that now at Celtic. That's what Pep will want imo.

We have players coming who can do the other bit, & yards faster.

The opinion of a group of Celtic fans I spoke with at the under 19's game is that Roberts is a great talent and on his day wins mayches but he isn't good enough for a top 4 CCL team like City. Drifts out of games too easily.
Tough scenario for Pep as he likes wide players with real attacking talent who can go past a full back and deliver goals and assists. But he also needs some control from that player going the other way. If Roberts played in City's first team and got all the attacking situations that Navas does he would make a hell of a lot more of them than Navas does but.

NK is right though we do have some serious younger talent coming through who may well be better than Roberts

Definitely worth considering that he is only 19 years old. A player can improve exponentially in two or three years and he clearly has some excellent raw tools there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.