Jack Byrne

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate works at rovers and sees every game, said he clearly has ability but in a team that's struggling he just hasn't contributed. i guess when you are bottom of the league you can't afford to be carrying players. I don't exactly think coyle was the best choice of manger to coach him, but now he needs to knuckle down, might actually teach him a lot.

Coyle can be hit and miss done well with Wilshire and Sturridge but as you say he needs to prove he is good enough to be even championship level never mind being part of the City squad in the seasons to come.

The football in the championship some times can be quite limited when it comes to the technical side of things as we all know....JB isn't the most physically imposing type of player and as Blackburn are scrapping for every point at the minute it looks like he is going to struggle for game time....I do think City are producing a type of player that is very cultured on the ball etc but can they dig in when needed....I'm not sure JB can and this may cost him the further he drops down the ladder

The football in the championship some times can be quite limited when it comes to the technical side of things as we all know....JB isn't the most physically imposing type of player and as Blackburn are scrapping for every point at the minute it looks like he is going to struggle for game time....I do think City are producing a type of player that is very cultured on the ball etc but can they dig in when needed....I'm not sure JB can and this may cost him the further he drops down the ladder

Byrne is a tough little fucker. He can 'dig in', I'm sure but in that kind of football ? Could Silva, without the right players around him ?

Our young players are not trained to play Championship football. I doubt he would be found lacking if he was training with us now & then asked to play our current style, but last season for example, in a two with Yaya ? No chance. Nor would Silva or DeBruyne have had a chance in that situation, yet they both often find themselves as kind of centre mids quite a bit now.

In a balanced footballing side, I'm sure Jack would hold his own in a battle, but just thrown into sme random bunch of trogs ? What is the point of having him in such a team ?
Someone big, or fast, is likely to be much more of an asset.

And there lies the problem with producing players over here, in a nutshell.

Too true.
Academies just cannot produce complete footballers. They have to go off to pick up the bits they can't learn in the youth teams at the parent club.
The upside is that they grow up quick, the downside is that they get unlucky and replaced by a less talented player whose face fits more. I don't know about attitudes in the modern game but
I've worked with lads who played reserve football for top flight teams and the coach would tell them to put troublesome players out of the game and if they didn't do it they could kiss goodbye to a chance at the first team. They weren't proud of it either. They knew it wasn't right. A shrug and a what can you do? I wonder how much attitudes have changed.

Nothing academy related makes me more annoyed at the moment than seeing Jack Byrne wasting away at Blackburn.

He's playing in their u23s!?!!

He was too good for our u21/u23 team 2 seasons ago, and now he's playing in a division lower.

What has to happen for him to be brought back?! Just bring him back to our u23s and let Pep have a look before loaning him in January if necessary, anything but spend more time under fucking Owen Coyle.

Nothing academy related makes me more annoyed at the moment than seeing Jack Byrne wasting away at Blackburn.

He's playing in their u23s!?!!

He was too good for our u21/u23 team 2 seasons ago, and now he's playing in a division lower.

What has to happen for him to be brought back?! Just bring him back to our u23s and let Pep have a look before loaning him in January if necessary, anything but spend more time under fucking Owen Coyle.
And he actually has to play with Wes Brown in the same team tonight, if the U23 wouldn't be quite a punishment in itself.

Coyle doesnt seem to want to make any changes in the game it seems. Byrne has been a regular on the bench the past month if he doesnt get game time over the Xmas get him out of there.

I hear the rags are bringing Borthwick-whatshisname back in January because wolves haven't played him enough.

I bloody hope we do the same. He'd be a decent replacement for Gundogan - more physical and rougher than Aleix Garcia and has much more professional experience.

I hear the rags are bringing Borthwick-whatshisname back in January because wolves haven't played him enough.

I bloody hope we do the same. He'd be a decent replacement for Gundogan - more physical and rougher than Aleix Garcia and has much more professional experience.

Yeah let's bring someone back who can't get in a struggling awful Blackburn team.

Who needs Pep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.