Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do their release clauses only come into effect in the summer?

Everyone knows they won't accept anything less than the release clause, but you'd think that would make them vulnerable to January transfers in situations like this because if the price is the same in the winter and the summer, there's no reason to not buy him now.

That's a good point, absolutely no need for us to wait until summer if the clause isn't going to change.

VVD is a better option imo, he is good on the ball but also a beast physically, very dominant in the air & a bit like Vinnie very quick for a big unit. He would hit the ground running already accustomed to the PL. Laporte would be a MASSIVE gamble if we have to throw £50m at it with him being unproven in the PL or at the top-level.
I'd be happier with VVD but you've got it arseways there, Laporte could bench press him. It's composure I'd worry about with this lad.

Do their release clauses only come into effect in the summer?

Everyone knows they won't accept anything less than the release clause, but you'd think that would make them vulnerable to January transfers in situations like this because if the price is the same in the winter and the summer, there's no reason to not buy him now.

I just have a hard time believing they would sell him in the winter window - normally you never get value in the winter window anyway. But while the Basque club need to finish the season strong, they will not be crippled by the loss of Laporte - their cantera is loaded, especially with defenders. Getting the most money they can is a big part of their project too so negotiations are never easy with them, summer or winter window. From a negotiating standpoint they went from strength to strength since Laporte has recovered and have an extended contract with higher buyout - meeting the buyout alone does not guarantee sale.

Like I said before though, the way Pep sounded in that pressy - I think they are definitely going to sign someone and either they get a temp solution until a Laporte deal can be closed in summer or they straight away attempt to land Aymeric. Bilbao are doing decent in the Primera and advancing in Europa League so it would appear that the winter move wouldn't necessarily come at a bad time but they are conservative in their business dealings which might mean summer would be preferable. They are a hard club to figure out in all honesty

I just have a hard time believing they would sell him in the winter window - normally you never get value in the winter window anyway. But while the Basque club need to finish the season strong, they will not be crippled by the loss of Laporte - their cantera is loaded, especially with defenders. Getting the most money they can is a big part of their project too so negotiations are never easy with them, summer or winter window. From a negotiating standpoint they went from strength to strength since Laporte has recovered and have an extended contract with higher buyout - meeting the buyout alone does not guarantee sale.

Like I said before though, the way Pep sounded in that pressy - I think they are definitely going to sign someone and either they get a temp solution until a Laporte deal can be closed in summer or they straight away attempt to land Aymeric. Bilbao are doing decent in the Primera and advancing in Europa League so it would appear that the winter move wouldn't necessarily come at a bad time but they are conservative in their business dealings which might mean summer would be preferable. They are a hard club to figure out in all honesty

My point is they don't have a choice about selling him if it's a case of just paying the release clause.

Any way we sign two CBs before the start of next season? After seeing what Pep did with Joe Hart, do we think he keeps Kompany around for another season of him on the bench injured? Maybe we can be in for both Laporte and VVD.

Pep obviously loves Laporte so lets get it done. Hes a left footed, ball playing centre half, would fit nicely. On the other hand, VVD has played PL football which makes him that much more valuable after seeing how some other CB signings (Otamendi/Managala) have struggled to adapt. Signing both would be a perfect solution! lol

I love Vinny, but I hope he takes the front office role after this season and doesnt waste another roster spot next year. We can't afford that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.