Aymeric Laporte

Status
Not open for further replies.
‏@Beardamendi 3h3 hours ago
Aymeric Laporte to City is close to becoming a done deal! #MCFC [Graphic - @GFX_7]

Cj46KlfXEAAfpMj.jpg

Think I'm actually most excited over this one than any. I expect Laporte to be our Pique. Very cultured defender and proved his worth from a young age.

Pep had 5-6 CB's last season + I can see him shifting Denayer around RB/CB/DM depending on opposition and formation. I wouldn't worry about how many CB's we are signing until that's all we're signing. Demi is off and Vinny isn't as reliable anymore due to injuries as many can see. Otamendi and Laporte will probably be first choice, Magala will be used and Stones is a prospect and could be our own Josh Kimmich who Pep molded and is now set to get his first caps for a stacked German squad at Euros. We know how much Pelle liked to mess with the squad rotation but there's some stat that Pep changed his squad around 140 times out of 160 games or something close to that. Pep will make sure all the talent in the 18 game in and game out are capable of stepping in at any point. There will be no more "squad players" it will be more like a Starting XIII. Trust the process.

Imagine thinking that nightclub bouncer wes Morgan was better at football then John stones

Not one player on that list bar John terry in his prime is better than stones

Lord come down and take my soul I've read it all now
This season, Id rate Alderwierld, Virgil, and Kolcieny as currently still superior. He is on par with Smalling, Cahill, Otamendi and Ashley Williams. I expect him to be better than all 4 next season. The rest, with exceptions for Winston Reid who had a great season but is not as talented, Stones is superior to the rest.

And bringing up Denayer is a joke, seeing as he has never played at this level.

I expect him to be a top 3 CB next season.
Mangala, Sahko, Huth, Morgan and all the other technically bereft CBs simply don't have his talent talklesz his potential.

Pep had 5-6 CB's last season + I can see him shifting Denayer around RB/CB/DM depending on opposition and formation. I wouldn't worry about how many CB's we are signing until that's all we're signing. Demi is off and Vinny isn't as reliable anymore due to injuries as many can see. Otamendi and Laporte will probably be first choice, Magala will be used and Stones is a prospect and could be our own Josh Kimmich who Pep molded and is now set to get his first caps for a stacked German squad at Euros. We know how much Pelle liked to mess with the squad rotation but there's some stat that Pep changed his squad around 140 times out of 160 games or something close to that. Pep will make sure all the talent in the 18 game in and game out are capable of stepping in at any point. There will be no more "squad players" it will be more like a Starting XIII. Trust the process.
Unless there are major injuries. I expect Denayer to strictly be a RB. He is like Micah, started as a CB but at this level, will play RB.

I am proper stoked about this signing. Laporte would be a world class CB. He's arguably the top 2 best young CB left in the game (I consider Varane better than him). But other than that I don't see anyone that could be a better CB than him. I know some of you don't rate him (and Stones), but it's not a coincidence that Barcelona goes after both Stones and Laporte. And with Stones also coming, Pep is taking away all the good young CB out of stock. I expect some growing pains as they're quite young and will be making mistakes. But just imagine 3-4 years from now. We're pretty much set for the future at the CB position. And we haven't even talked about Denayer yet here :D

No if you actually watched Laporte last season then you would've known he was pretty poor. Made several mistakes just like the "overrated and shit" John Stones.

I relied on YouTube highlights thank you very much and he looked awesome there. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.