Txiki Begiristain

Great post Billy,people on here haven't got the first clue about him despite how much they like to think otherwise.

Of course he is heavily involved in the transfer/recruitment process,however,to make him the sole scapegoat,when things havent gone according to plan,is fucking pathetic - as are the same characters who keep bumping this thread.

I keep saying it mate, but this thread is kept alive by the sad lamenters who started it in 2013. I'm not tarring everyone who posts in it with the same brush and absolutely we should be able to discuss Begiristain (good and bad). But it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf. You've got a series of them who've been after Txiki the Underminer since he "undermined" their beloved. And for that reason this thread is an absolute abortion of nonsense.

Before the day's out someone will come in here and suggest that we bring Cook & Mancini back.

I keep saying it mate, but this thread is kept alive by the sad lamenters who started it in 2013. I'm not tarring everyone who posts in it with the same brush and absolutely we should be able to discuss Begiristain (good and bad). But it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf. You've got a series of them who've been after Txiki the Underminer since he "undermined" their beloved. And for that reason this thread is an absolute abortion of nonsense.

Before the day's out someone will come in here and suggest that we bring Cook & Mancini back.

We are very aware,thats exactly the reason.

The Billy and FantasyIreland love in. Telling all, they're right, we're wrong and pathetic, I feel like a gooseberry when you two girls are in a thread.

Fair point, but I do think he and Pep have to be apportioned blame for the shambles of the summer. We've tried to be far too clever in the market and have been bitten as a result. No idea who in their right mind decided it was worth keeping the current fullbacks, we signed one central midfielder, one.

Meh. People have wanted a reason to "blame" Begiristain for three years. It's a bit embarrassing.

I'd be looking at Khaldoun and asking him why they employed Txiki in the first place. If the answer was "to get Pep" then it stands to reason that they won't be sacking him anytime soon and we have to take our medicine. Either way 288 pages of "he's a fraud" hasn't really illuminated anything in my head.

I agree with your position

Just a load of spoilt moaners IMO - yeah they think it is all so easy and they could do better - maybe so as they use hindsight all the time

I don't agree with the characterisation "atrocious management in the transfer market". Mangala, Bony, and Otamendi were three bad buys on Txiki's watch.

It's what he does to replace the four full backs, Vinny, Silva, Toure, and Kun, which will define him.
Bony clearly was but Ottamendi and Mangala had big reputations.

As I say in previous post - a lot of the moaners on here just use hindsight

Its been suggested in a number of other threads BS since the loss to Everton but you do yourself no favours by alluding to it again on two occasions above unless you enjoy the opportunity to involve yourself in commentary that most of us have moved on from since he was sacked.

The thrust of this thread is around Txiki and whether he is giving us value for money.

You are right there are many others involved in the recruitment of players but like the manager who takes responsibility for performances the DOF or whatever title you wish to give him has a responsibility to ensure the manager is given every opportunity to hopefully exceed his targets on a regular basis and if not at least meet them.

Has this happened with Txiki , as you allude to the jury is out but as I have said the clock keeps ticking.

Overall recruitment for a number of years now has been poor , short sighted and based on information which is either poorly conceived or designed to feather the nest of others at the expense of the quality of the squad.

We both agree the squad needs a major overhaul which is long overdue now and this summer will define Txiki's legacy for sure because his tenure rests with Pep to a large degree.

Every position on the pitch is up for grabs now and replacements for all of the old guard and many of those that are not up to scratch like Delph , Navas , Fernando , Bravo to name but four have to be found.

Why do KDB , Silva and Sterling go missing so often when the going gets a bit tough?

Embarrassing performances like those against Leicester , Everton , fairly comprehensive defeats like against Spurs will become more an more frequent if we continue to play the football we have this season.

Fair point, but I do think he and Pep have to be apportioned blame for the shambles of the summer. We've tried to be far too clever in the market and have been bitten as a result. No idea who in their right mind decided it was worth keeping the current fullbacks, we signed one central midfielder, one.
Now that I can agree with - there has indeed been mistakes and of course there are lessons to be learned - by the collective of the management from Pep to Khaldoon.

But a lot of the posts on here just across as some fans being oh so entitled

Sadly it echoes some of the shite you can read on scumcafe where so many think it is their right to be at the top

Bony clearly was but Ottamendi and Mangala had big reputations.

As I say in previous post - a lot of the moaners on here just use hindsight
Agree with this - although do think that we have missed a serious trick in the fullback department.

The key thing about Txiki is that without him (and Soriano) it's very unlikely we would have got Pep. And even though things aren't going great at the moment I'd hope there is enough trust and a bond between them to ensure they will work together and hard to drive us forward.

Agree with this - although do think that we have missed a serious trick in the fullback department.

The key thing about Txiki is that without him (and Soriano) it's very unlikely we would have got Pep. And even though things aren't going great at the moment I'd hope there is enough trust and a bond between them to ensure they will work together and hard to drive us forward.
I agree with this type of measured post - there have been mistakes - but fans need to grow a pair IMO and show more support for the club and less whinging

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.