Txiki Begiristain

The Billy and FantasyIreland love in. Telling all, they're right, we're wrong and pathetic, I feel like a gooseberry when you two girls are in a thread.
You`d better add me to that list then.He isn`t without fault,something that Billy had stated,but do you honestly believe that he just goes out and buys players willy nilly without discussions between himself,the manager,Soriano and Khaldoon ? If so you must live in cuckoo land.

A good post...:.

I think the thing that feels a little tainted for me is the promises of promotion of youth, again we have a saturated, unbalanced squad where no real trust is afforded the kids we have.... There has been ample opportunity for Pep to have bled a few, results have fluctuated anyway, however, the reality is we have a system that suits a more dynamic team, this ultimately means the old guard, who will always be turned to over kids, will get the nod until ushered out...

United last year uncovered 2/3 players by default who would be starting if it wasn't for the chequebook kid....

I've said this over the weekend but why can Poch be authoritative enough to throw in a few kids in his first year, mindful that results will be inconsistent?? Clearly expectations of our fanbase.

I'd sooner Pep had come in this year and displayed transition with an excuse, currently he doesn't have one other than an aging squad, something Txiki and Pep need to be accountable for!
Fucking quality Zin.I`ve been harbouring this point for ages.It must have pissed Garcia off yesterday to see two 30+ something people playing in that midfield.If Everton can play three youngsters why the fuck can`t we ? I love Pep,but at times he`s so set in his ways that he can`t see the wood for the trees.

Fucking quality Zin.I`ve been harbouring this point for ages.It must have pissed Garcia off yesterday to see two 30+ something people playing in that midfield.If Everton can play three youngsters why the fuck can`t we ? I love Pep,but at times he`s so set in his ways that he can`t see the wood for the trees.

It isn't a big fix either, oakie..... Pep is quality but also human, he's going to face the biggest challenge of his career at city. I think we all got ahead of ourselves in terms of impact, thinking some magical tactical fairy dust will see us through....

What is even more apparent to me this year is the physical demands of the prem, our core players have run through brick walls to get us where we are today, however, they can't compete with thoroughbreds week in week out, especially when playing more minutes also...

I don't know what it is but it feels like we aren't quite ready to press the trigger re:youth, but when will we be?? There's 3/4 who should have had 10 games at least under there belt going in to next year, we've dropped a bollock on that score!

Khaldoon is not a football man that is why he hired the spaniards.
To suggest Khaldoon is fearing for his job is laughable, the City project is loose change to him.

He's hired and invested heavily in people who I'm suggesting are not meeting expectations. That reflects badly on him imo.
You may be right that this job doesn't mean much to him but that makes it even more worrying

Txiki is responsible for Pep's arrival, he kept Pellegrini in for the transition and he has recruited in line with the preferences of both managers. Perhaps more could have been done to get the players in for Pep earlier, but as Bayern manager we couldn't converse with him until early 2016 when he'd signed a contract with us. Therefore we had to work with Pellegrini. We were waiting for Pep but we couldn't not buy players Pellegrini wanted, or keep those he wanted to retain.

This summer will be a big transfer window. Until then, we work with what we've got. The summer will see lots of players out of contract and moved on, some promotion from the academy and the purchase of several players. Kompany's injury will have ended his career or eased so we've have closure one way or another. Sane and Jesus will have more experience and both look very exciting.

Further down the line we've got young academy players who will have the footballing brain and technique that those at Barca have had. The likes of Sancho, Diaz and others will be at an age they can play more frequently for the first team, or go on loan and the future remains bright. Unfortunately we're just seeing more inconsistency this season that we expected. We're creating lots of chances without scoring and conceding few but they're so easy for the opposition to score from. We just need to find that balance because it's still not working.
This is absolutely spot on

We have to get this summer right, we also need to assess the youth players that will be given playing time over the course of the coming season. I would be happy to write this season off if we saw him give some of the youth products game time. We should be able to finish 6th as a bare minimum, qualify for the the EL and use it to blood the youth again next season. The drop off in money isn't as significant as it was with the EL getting a bump in prize money , we should be able to cover it for one season. We will also be releasing around £20m of the wage bill

The worry I have is that we will not be able to fix the first XI in one window just looking at the squad as it stands we need:

1 or 2 new centre backs depending on whether we play 2 or 3 at the back

1 or 2 new full backs, again depending on the preferred system

2 new centre mids, Gundogan will be out until September as a minimum, we cant go into the season with just the two Ferns and Garcia

1 new starting striker as Aguero wont be here next season, the writings been on the wall for him this season. He knows he's out and is showing it with his actions

1 new starting GK, Bravo isn't up the the job and will be 34 next season. Cut him lose and find the long term successor to Hart rather than a panic buy

we are looking at the best part of £200m!

It isn't a big fix either, oakie..... Pep is quality but also human, he's going to face the biggest challenge of his career at city. I think we all got ahead of ourselves in terms of impact, thinking some magical tactical fairy dust will see us through....

What is even more apparent to me this year is the physical demands of the prem, our core players have run through brick walls to get us where we are today, however, they can't compete with thoroughbreds week in week out, especially when playing more minutes also...

I don't know what it is but it feels like we aren't quite ready to press the trigger re:youth, but when will we be?? There's 3/4 who should have had 10 games at least under there belt going in to next year, we've dropped a bollock on that score!
If I was Angelino or Maffeo i would be asking serious questions about my long term future,when they can see on a daily basis that we are supposedly looking for two full backs.I accept that as on-lookers we don`t know exactly what is going on behind the scenes and perhaps these latest loans are to prepare them for next season.I won`t hold my breath but then again perhaps Pep thinks they are not ready.Certainly both Maffeo and Garcia have shown how capable they are with the few games they have been involved in.
I for one am not too disappointed with this season,as for me it was always going to be a transitional year,but unfortunately some people want things done yesterday.I`m one of the patient ones ... apart from wanting to see a couple of the young `uns being given more playing minutes.Unfortunately that wont be happening for our full backs but for Garcia,hopefully it will.

If I was Angelino or Maffeo i would be asking serious questions about my long term future,when they can see on a daily basis that we are supposedly looking for two full backs.I accept that as on-lookers we don`t know exactly what is going on behind the scenes and perhaps these latest loans are to prepare them for next season.I won`t hold my breath but then again perhaps Pep thinks they are not ready.Certainly both Maffeo and Garcia have shown how capable they are with the few games they have been involved in.
I for one am not too disappointed with this season,as for me it was always going to be a transitional year,but unfortunately some people want things done yesterday.I`m one of the patient ones ... apart from wanting to see a couple of the young `uns being given more playing minutes.Unfortunately that wont be happening for our full backs but for Garcia,hopefully it will.
Yesterday was the ideal opportunity to play Garcia.It may have worked against a poor West Ham outfit,but it was a strange decision to play our second choice RB alongside Yaya,and against a team who we knew would be all over us.

Totally agree about Garcia - I would bet he could slot right in next to Fernandinho or Yaya and be rotated between the 3 of them straight away. As for Angelino and Maffeo I think we will sign 2 full backs come the summer but these 2 should be on the bench next season and learn from Pep in training and with the first team, and used towards the back end of games when possible.

This man has a lot to answer for.

Yes, he as we are led to believe was a huge draw in Pep coming here. But the team he has allowed Guardiola to inherit, especially considering he knows the 'philosophy' is inexcusable.

If he was half decent at his job we would have everything in place to dominate for the next few years, rather we are talking it is going to take another 1-2 years to get a team together Guardiola can work with.

Sack him.

This man has a lot to answer for.

Yes, he as we are led to believe was a huge draw in Pep coming here. But the team he has allowed Guardiola to inherit, especially considering he knows the 'philosophy' is inexcusable.

If he was half decent at his job we would have everything in place to dominate for the next few years, rather we are talking it is going to take another 1-2 years to get a team together Guardiola can work with.

Sack him.
Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.He`s going nowhere mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.