Txiki Begiristain

Pep will no doubt have a list of players he knows he NEEDS, not WANTS, but actually needs in order to get his ideas from the training pitch implemented out on the field of play.

You`d better add me to that list then.He isn`t without fault,something that Billy had stated,but do you honestly believe that he just goes out and buys players willy nilly without discussions between himself,the manager,Soriano and Khaldoon ? If so you must live in cuckoo land.
I am sorry but I expect more from Txiki. Just like players, management can also be poor. What I would like to know is some clarity in the following- if my perspective is wrong then happy to be wrong if the people defending Txiki can explain why.
1. Who sets transfer and recruitment strategy at the club? It can't be the manager because they are here and then gone. Obviously they will have input at specific times. It can't seriously be Sheikh Mansour or Khaldoon can it- they are not football people? If it is then we are in trouble. I would expect they are consulted on it but the only sane conclusion is the DoF has to be responsible if not accountable. If I'm wrong please tell me.
2. When we win the league first time we had that magnificent spine all at it near their peak - Hart, VK, YaYa, Silva and Aguero plus a lot of other good players. What was the strategy to ensure that great spine of the team remained intact and was replenished/challenged to keep their game up? Either there wasn't one or if there was then I don't think it has worked - Hart replaced by what any experienced football fan can only call a vastly inferior 2 replacements, VK not replaced at all, YaYa not replaced at all, Silva possibly challenged/replaced by KDB but David still playing too many games and often when not fully fit, Kun clearly not as good as he was and no replacement. Gabriel is potential at best but not the finished article. How have we come to this position?
3. The FFP strategy as I understood it was to do well as a team, increase income and reduce heavy expenditure on players and wages by bringing in talented kids. The first has been largely done although figures would show we are in a bit of a dip, the second clearly done and the third not done at all. Not sure how Pep can be blamed for not bringing in the kids although I did expect him to do better but the chance to do it was under Pellegrini. Why on earth was it not done then? I remember the lad Lopes, looked okay but then gone but no one else. Why can other teams do it but not us? So we are still spending huge amounts on players and wages and not giving any kids a chance. Kelechi is clearly talented as a forward and whilst still learning why can't he be given more game time up front?
4. Who is deciding we will have about 15 young players out on loan? What is the strategy with these lads?
5. What about the other areas of the squad aside from the top class spine you need? Anyone with half a brain knew fresh legs were needed at full back, to go down from 4 top class forwards to 1 with a young kid who barely gets enough game time cannot be a risk free policy and not being able to replace the fetch and carry and tackling if DeJong and Barry is pretty poor.
6. Finally, is there a policy to reduce the average age of the team, is there one to try to maximise income from sales like others seem to do?
I just want some clarity and the positive side of me says to be patient and having Pep is going to take us where we want to be (and I truly do believe in Pep. The other side of me says Txiki and the board are going to gamble everything on getting Messi who the way has started a small decline.

You`d better add me to that list then.He isn`t without fault,something that Billy had stated,but do you honestly believe that he just goes out and buys players willy nilly without discussions between himself,the manager,Soriano and Khaldoon ? If so you must live in cuckoo land.

Good for you! Glad you know the inner workings of the club so well.

BTW, what fucking list you on about?

I am sorry but I expect more from Txiki. Just like players, management can also be poor. What I would like to know is some clarity in the following- if my perspective is wrong then happy to be wrong if the people defending Txiki can explain why.
1. Who sets transfer and recruitment strategy at the club? It can't be the manager because they are here and then gone. Obviously they will have input at specific times. It can't seriously be Sheikh Mansour or Khaldoon can it- they are not football people? If it is then we are in trouble. I would expect they are consulted on it but the only sane conclusion is the DoF has to be responsible if not accountable. If I'm wrong please tell me.
There is a Committee that meets on a regular basis,to determine what players the Manager feels would be beneficial to the Club.Within that group from what I remember is Txiki,Soriano and The Manager plus someone else,who I cant remember.From those meetings decisions I assume are taken on whether they see fit that player enhancing the team.
Don`t shoot the messenger as you asked the question.

There is a Committee that meets on a regular basis,to determine what players the Manager feels would be beneficial to the Club.Within that group from what I remember is Txiki,Soriano and The Manager plus someone else,who I cant remember.From those meetings decisions I assume are taken on whether they see fit that player enhancing the team.

What/Who is your source for this information?

Liverpool have a committee or as the dippers put it a "Quango".

I'm not a huge fan of Txiki and since he's been in charge this squad has regressed at an alarming level. The core of the squad are still players purchased under Hughes and Mancini and he has spent huge sums on bang average players.

There has been a constant regression in the quality of the squad and his replacements have not made the grade.

The strike force went from Tevez, Kun, Balotelli and Dzeko to Kun, Negrado, Dzeko and Jovetic. IMO that has regressed. Then it went to Kun, Bony and Iheanacho and this season it started at Kun and Iheanacho. That's over £80 million spent on strikers who are no longer part of this club/future and the options are almost none existent.

Look at the defence. It has gone from Kompany, Lescott, Demichellis and Nastasic to Kompany, Demichellis and Mangala. Then to Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala and Demichellis and then to Stones, Vinny and Otamendi. Again the defence now is weaker than last season, we've spent huge money on CBs in the last 3 seasons. In fact, we've spent £30+ million on a CB in each on the last 3 seasons and our CBs still aren't good enough.

The full backs area has not been improved and the CM area is by far the weakest out of any of the top 6.

What makes it worse and it something that people fail to see is that our squad is exactly where is should be. We've got by in recent seasons by outstanding players dragging us forward, but Pep's ideology to get everyone playing as a unit has nullified Kun and KDBs individual talents. It's not the wrong approach from Pep, however it shows just how average this side is.

Our GK, full backs and CM are the worst out of any side in the top 6. There is not much difference between Kun, Costa, Ibrahimovic, Sanchez and Kane but Iheanacho is not as good as the other sides back up strikers. Our AMs are by far the best in the division but there is a weak centre behind that. The fact we only have 2 fit CBs who don't compliment each other means its hard to even compare them to Chelsea and Spurs' CBs.

That said, next season a lot of this deadwood will be gone. The likes of Jesus, Sterling, Sane and Stones should all be ready to fire on all cylinders. Big signings will be made and we will see a totally different side. However, it has come at a huge price with us not even mustering a title challenge in the past 3 seasons.

What/Who is your source for this information?

Liverpool have a committee or as the dippers put it a "Quango".

Im going to be pedantic here and turn the tables.

What is your source for how the club is run behind the scenes, who does what, how are transfers run, what part exactly does Txiki play and does he have the final say?

Its ok to come on and blame him 100% if you can also prove that it is all his fault because its all down to him.

Cheers mate and appreciate that but that's not what I quite meant. It's fine looking at players and choosing who to go for but who is responsible for setting our transfer strategy? As the game has changed and full backs now become more athletic and important players who or whom have decided it's not a priority for us? Who has decided what we do about the English quota of players etc? Are people setting budgets and if so who?
Just want to know because putting blame or hindsight or whatever to one side, loads of rebuilding is needed and we need to get it right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.