U18's games/results 2016/17

A lot of the under 18's games are played on an outside pitch rather than in the academy stadium so I guess City are not keen (not bothered) about a crowd turning up to watch. For games to be played in the stadium they fo advertise them but maybe they could do better but it does seem somehow City fans never have been great at turning up for youth games, compered to some other clubs.

Big game for the 18's next wedesday though in the youth cup against Liverpool and definitely in the academy stadium.

I started going to youth team games when the A and B team played on the police ground at Cheadle. I use to go to Platt Lane and Maine Road if they held games there. I think I`ve even met you at Carrington and watched the first team train before they put up the green covering to stop people watching.

Now I`m retired I hope to go to more youth team games. I will hopefully be able to get there on Wednesday.

I started going to youth team games when the A and B team played on the police ground at Cheadle. I use to go to Platt Lane and Maine Road if they held games there. I think I`ve even met you at Carrington and watched the first team train before they put up the green covering to stop people watching.

Now I`m retired I hope to go to more youth team games. I will hopefully be able to get there on Wednesday.

Excellent retirement "hobby" to have and much better than watching the first team.

Excellent retirement "hobby" to have and much better than watching the first team.

I was watching Lincoln v Dover for a few minutes last night, and part way through texted my ERO that the game between City and The Dippers Youth Cup was about five or ten times better in terms of creativity, football, tactics and sheer ability. The pace of some of these lads, the technique and touch are a joy to behold.

I see Sancho has scored a hat-trick, currently 4-2 up against Wolves. In this form, he might be in with a chance of getting some minutes in the FA Cup against Palace, surely?

Is Sancho now too good for the u18s?

He usually looks the best player on the pitch for the u23's it's almost not fair playing him against kids Only a year older than him.

He usually looks the best player on the pitch for the u23's it's almost not fair playing him against kids Only a year older than him.

He was almost too good for the u18s last year when he stepped up as an u16, so the answer is unequivocally yes.

He's come on so much this season and he was already a very good player, he's almost becoming too good for the youth teams. I'd be very tempted to give him some minutes in the FA Cup against Palace.

Watched this game on Twitter. It's just like watching City on Teletext!

They had me going at 2-4. Thought this was gonna be another couple of six-shooters in both feet, but these U18s are not top of the league for nowt!

It's about time we saw somebody from the U18 in the first team squad, and not just sitting on the bench like Foden did the other week!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.