The fans are bigger at Spurs

This whole my dad's bigger than yours bullshit is common place over social media, with fans of clubs like Spurs, Newcastle, Villa, Leeds etc all vying for status. Fact is our support stands toe to toe with any club in the top division bar United and Liverpool post war.

Not sure what Poch really thinks he has to prove. The way I see it, Spurs have got their best side they've had for years yet even last season, arguably their best in recent years, they amassed 70 points! That wouldn't have got them 4th place in recent seasons! That tells you all you need to know about their season. There's currently no stand out team in the league with the exception of Chelsea, who in my opinion will comfortably win the league this season, the rest are simply not consistent enough whilst taking points from each other. Another big plus for Chelsea's title push.

My advice to Poch, is to not get carried away with where his side actually are! They've won nothing bar a league cup in the last 10 years. He'll be remembered as a coach who achieved nothing if Spurs can't get to the next level. The next level is signing the very best players to go alongside what you have. I don't see Spurs doing that and ultimately players like Alli, Rose etc will want to win medals. For now they're patient but that won't last forever.

It was one game. All those players you mentioned have been superb this season. Dembele walks into your side mate, so does Wanyama. SO does Rose, Walker, Toby, Vertonghen, Lloris. Kane over Ageuro on form over the last 18 months too. You'd find room for Alli and Eriksen too. Shall I go on? I have no doubts we will finish above you this season to prove that we are the better team.

Error prone defence? hahaha. Check the defensive records for the teams in the league. See who are second and will likely end up the best in the league, (has been all season) until this weekends fixtures.

How with a straight face can you call Spurs defence error prone?! hahaha
And with all these players that seem to be better than ours.Why are they not playing in the champions league?

It was one game. All those players you mentioned have been superb this season. Dembele walks into your side mate, so does Wanyama. SO does Rose, Walker, Toby, Vertonghen, Lloris. Kane over Ageuro on form over the last 18 months too. You'd find room for Alli and Eriksen too. Shall I go on? I have no doubts we will finish above you this season to prove that we are the better team.

Error prone defence? hahaha. Check the defensive records for the teams in the league. See who are second and will likely end up the best in the league, (has been all season) until this weekends fixtures.

I believe you when you say

I have no doubts we will finish above you this season to prove that we are the better team.

You've already proved you're delusional, ignoring facts about our attendances, training complex & history show your ignorance of the game.

You were a plucky cup team & that's your history, be proud of it cos apart from winning 2 titles in the 60s that's it as the biggest club prize in the country. We'd already done that 30 years before you but you'll claim we were created in 2008. Our attendances at worst have equaled yours & historically & more recently absolutely shit on yours & now fuck off with your best training ground in the country cos the Etihad campus makes it look like Hackney marshes. Seriously google it mate cos you are embarrassing yourself.

I think you're getting a bit carried away there mate. No doubt you've got some very good players and a very good manager too (when he's not mouthing off about who is the bigger club), but to claim that 10 Spurs players would make our starting XI is utterly laughable.

I think we are in an excellent place. The new stadium will allow us to move into big boy wages which will further allow us to keep our best players. Also, we will never sell to a PL rival, so our only worry is if Madrid or Barcelona come in for our players. I guess my big worry is if Poch leaves, as he is the mastermind of our current competitive team.

Only time will tell on that. Arsenal were at a higher level than you are now when they moved from Highbury to the Emirates and that move was supposed to elevate them even further but nearly 11 years later and they've only won 2 FA Cups since their move - if anything, they've regressed compared to those last few seasons at Highbury. These moves to new, higher capacity stadia aren't always what they're cracked up to be. A West Ham fan made a very good point on one of their forums regarding their move - why do it if your team isn't going to be any better in the long run? At least being in their old ground they had all the history of Upton Park to fall back on and they'd sooner be shit while playing there rather than shit while playing at that car crash of a stadium they've moved into. The same could be applied to us pre-2008 - before the takeover we weren't exactly ripping up trees in a much larger capacity stadium than Maine Road, despite our crowds being much bigger than they were at the time we moved out of Maine Road in 2003.

There's literally no guarantee that Spurs will become a better team when you move into the new ground, and you need to remember that a fair chunk of your income in the forthcoming years will be used to pay for the stadium.

I think we are in an excellent place. The new stadium will allow us to move into big boy wages which will further allow us to keep our best players. Also, we will never sell to a PL rival, so our only worry is if Madrid or Barcelona come in for our players. I guess my big worry is if Poch leaves, as he is the mastermind of our current competitive team.

The new stadium had to be paid for, right? Or are you receiving the money from a benefactor???

Some hilarious stuff in there. Walker and Rose I'll give you given that the average age of City's full backs is 32, but Dembele, Erikssen and Wanyama? Over DeBruyne, Silva and Ya Ya? Are you fucking serious?! The Bundesliga PotY 2015/16, the man with over 100 caps for Spain, and Ya Ya arguably the greatest midfielder ever to grace the Premiership? Even at the age of nearly 34 he completely ran the show on Saturday. The difference in class was there for all to see. As for Kane over Aguero, stop it my ribs are hurting. Sergio missed over 3 months of last season through injury and still nearly topped the PL goal scoring charts. Get back to me when Kane's scored 10 goals against City, 8 against United, 6 against Chelsea, 4 against Liverpool or a hat trick against Bayern Munich.

I'll give you one thing and that's that City's defence in the absence of Kompany and the clearly questionable recruitment of Bravo at the expense of Joe Hart, currently has a substandard centre halves/goalkeeping triangle that will cost us the title for sure, but even given that inherent weakness I don't expect us to finish below you, and even if we do, so what? You still won't win 'owt, and realistically this is your only chance for the foreseeable. The trouble with Spurs is that you're the ultimate Billy Big Time club, and the fact that you feel the need to come on to a rival's website and start bragging, about not very much, speaks volumes. Enjoy your open top bus tour for that 3rd place finish mate

Last edited:
It was one game. All those players you mentioned have been superb this season. Dembele walks into your side mate, so does Wanyama. SO does Rose, Walker, Toby, Vertonghen, Lloris. Kane over Ageuro on form over the last 18 months too. You'd find room for Alli and Eriksen too. Shall I go on?

WOW.

I believe you when you say

I have no doubts we will finish above you this season to prove that we are the better team.

You've already proved you're delusional, ignoring facts about our attendances, training complex & history show your ignorance of the game.

You were a plucky cup team & that's your history, be proud of it cos apart from winning 2 titles in the 60s that's it as the biggest club prize in the country. We'd already done that 30 years before you but you'll claim we were created in 2008. Our attendances at worst have equaled yours & historically & more recently absolutely shit on yours & now fuck off with your best training ground in the country cos the Etihad campus makes it look like Hackney marshes. Seriously google it mate cos you are embarrassing yourself.

Which facts am I ignoring about your training complex? It's wide known that Spurs have one of the best in the world. I hear City's is also world class. It's a pointless debate. As is trophy count etc. Both similar sized clubs hand have been for most of the last century.

You might think your training ground is better but to say it makes our look like Hackney Marshes is nonsense. Utter nonsense. Our is one of the best in the world. Google it.

Last edited:
Tottenham Hotspur Honours:

Division One Champions: 2
Division Two Champions: 2
European Cup Winners Cup: 1
F.A. Cup: 8
FA Charity Shield: 4
F.A. Premier League: 0
Football League Cup: 4
UEFA Cup: 2

Total = 23

Manchester City Honours:

Division One Champions: 2
Division Two Champions: 6
European Cup Winners Cup: 1
F.A. Cup: 5
FA Charity Shield: 3
F.A. Community Shield: 1
F.A. Premier League: 2
Football League Cup: 4
League Division 1 Champions: 1
UEFA Cup: 0

Total = 25

Manchester City Vs Tottenham Hotspur Head to Head
Games won: 58
Games drawn: 35
Games lost: 60

Do they look bigger in any way since you've already covered the support? Overseas I'd say we have a bigger following now too but I'm no expert on that... This whole "our club is bigger than yours" is a little bit petty but even still when we humour it we don't seem to give ourselves enough credit sometimes(swallowing too much of what the media tries to portray about City perhaps?).
Well yeah, but you know well that anything won after Sheikh Mansour took us over doesn't count.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.