Ditching Sky

I call up and cancel every year, then get an offer through within a week offering 50 or 60% off everything and sign up again. I've got the whole package, unlimited fibre and multi room and pay 55 a month for it, which I'm willing to pay. I use Kodi for all the 3pm kick offs but I'd still rather watch it live on the tv without a minute or two delay to it.

No one should ever pay full price for Sky though, you just have to go ahead with cancelling and they will always offer in the 30 day period.

I was moving to Virgin before Xmas but in the end I have done a new deal with Sky - with a view that by 12 months from now I will be able to better understand how to fuck them off. I have an Nvidiea box for football already.

My bill was £143 each month - including Broadband, much more than most I see on here so I must have gotten something wrong in the past.

£98 per month now for the same deal. I was careful to be clear that my reason for leaving was that I simply could not afford it - financial hard time and all that. I was recommended to do this by someone that had heard, from a Sky employee, that this approach gets a better hearing than the - I have been offered £x by Virgin etc. Seems to have worked

You are still being ripped off. I was paying over 100 quid a month. I canned it and left. The last offer to me was everything (except broadband) including sports for 19 quid a month.

I will not have it now out of principle. It's like banks that offer better deals to new customers and shaft loyalty.

I have freesat which is free hd and record function
Netflix 7 quid
And plus net broadband.
Amazon fire sticks in the TVs in the house with tvplayer app and other apps itv hub BBC etc.

This Discovery Sky dispute is getting very messy. Sky have publicly said they have done everything possible to argee a deal with discovery but talks have broken down and discovery are saying the same. Lots of customers are cancelling according to a friend of mine who works at sky and actual presenters of shows on discovery are asking sky to make a deal. Can imagine BT to make a deal with discovery if sky refuse to do a deal

This Discovery Sky dispute is getting very messy. Sky have publicly said they have done everything possible to argee a deal with discovery but talks have broken down and discovery are saying the same. Lots of customers are cancelling according to a friend of mine who works at sky and actual presenters of shows on discovery are asking sky to make a deal. Can imagine BT to make a deal with discovery if sky refuse to do a deal
Popcorn time, Sky's rebuttal yesterday was here: http://www.sky.com/discoveringmore where they get a dig in about some of Discovery's channels 'being in decline'

Discovery gave their rebuttal to Sky's rebuttal here: https://twitter.com/discoveryuk?lang=en where they accuse Sky of 'doing a Donald' (alternate facts)

It's not going to end well.

I recently renewed my Sky, I have everything with them - TV, 3 multirooms, max fibre and telephone line - should be about £160 per month, but I've never paid more than a ton.

The funniest part nowadays, is that Sky have that many people on deals that their automated service actually has an option for renewing your discounted services so they don't even have to speak to you!!!

I still went through to speak to someone and ended up with a little bit more off, unfortunately for Rammy we don't have the option of Virgin so don't have quite the leverage that others have.

It's not just Discovery I have just learnt that Eurosport goes as well on 01/02/17 through a pop up on screen while watching the tennis final. I love the Grand tours this could be a goodbye Sky moment for me.

It's not just Discovery I have just learnt that Eurosport goes as well on 01/02/17 through a pop up on screen while watching the tennis final. I love the Grand tours this could be a goodbye Sky moment for me.

Eurosport is currently on special (Until the end of January) £20 for the year on it's streaming option. Just watched the tennis, casting it from my phone to the TV and the quality was good with no cutting out at all.

http://uk.eurosportplayer.com/

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.