Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't get pissed off with me, I haven't been following the whole thread !

Juast a bit gutted tbh that we didn't land the lad ! I feel with him we could have won the league. I don't think any team won the league with 2 strikers....might be wrong though.

Onwards and upwards

BTW Sanchez couldn't buy his contract out this summer as he was under the age of 28 when he signed it in July 2014.

Please don't get pissed off with me, I haven't been following the whole thread !

Juast a bit gutted tbh that we didn't land the lad ! I feel with him we could have won the league. I don't think any team won the league with 2 strikers....might be wrong though.

Onwards and upwards
He will have 4 and a bit months to win us the title plus the CL,Fa cup ,league Cup ; )

I don't think he can, article 17 only works in the summer.
Yes and no. A player of his age can sign a pre-contract with another club when he enters the final six months of his existing contract. In Sanchez's case, he reaches that stage in January. Arsenal could keep him until the season ends but he will then move straight to us, no doubt with a sizeable signing on fee which otherwise would have gone to Arsenal instead if they hadn't played silly buggers this summer. With this future commitment, if Sanchez signs a pre-contract, Arsenal may relent in January and will settle for an immediate transfer for a reduced fee, say £20m, and Sanchez could settle for a signing on fee of, say, £10m-15m and as long as we are around the top of the table at that time, things could work out nicely for us.

This will all come down to Sanchez

He wants Pep and City he comes when he his free to do so

But surely other teams such as Rags, Barca, Madrid, Chelsea would be interested in him for free

If he wants Pep he signs for us be it January or next summer

Still not sure why anyone would assume Arsenal will get religion in January no matter their place in the table nor ours. If they couldn't figure out that this deal made good financial sense in August, why would it in January? They would only deal at a price that made sense for us if they desperately needed the money, or if Arsene gets canned and a new manager wants Sanchez gone. The more likely scenario is we'll bid way over odds because we need him right away in a tight race at the top. If Arsenal is in the top 6 I don't think there's any way they'll sell.

What glaring weaknesses do you think we have and do you feel its worth seeing how this season pans out before claiming such things?

Centre back position is a weakness when still relying heavily on Kompany staying fit
Only one left back and centre midfield of two ageing players and one that has injury problems. Plus now left with just 2 strikers.

That's what comes to mind.

Back in the day, before the internet, a transfer rumour would have appeared in the papers. There'd have been a bit of excitement / disappointment, dependent upon who was moving / not moving. Weeks, months would pass before anything and everything was announced. But now, thanks to 24hr coverage we have the utter bullshit that we've seen on this forum. People hoping and praying a player, under contract, downs tools, pretends he's injured. People calling Arsenal all sorts, claiming they've been utterly out of order. But utterly failing to see the black and white facts:

Sanchez: contracted to Arsenal
Arsenal didn't sell contracted player

All the bollocks in between is just that: bollocks. This story, that story, this person says this, another says that.

He has a contract to play. At Arsenal. So get a grip and stop the fucking bleating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.