Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't care less whether or not he joins to be honest (never did from the start of this transfer saga).

If he was serious about wanting to work with Pep, he would have put in formal transfer request, after all what's a few million in lost loyalty bonus compared to playing under Pep once again? (Plus it's not as if he would been on a pauper's contract whilst playing for us).

As far as I'm concerned the club should be foucused on finding younger forward players to compliment what we already have, with a view to finding a long term replacement for Sergio, not wasting their time on a player who been happy to coast along with Arsenal for the last few years.

The ship for joining City for Sanchez sailed when he first went to Arsenal, not now or next year.

You do realise that we were unable to sign Sanchez when he signed for Arsenal due to FFP ?

Clearly not .

Would that be the same FFP that stopped us signing Mangala in the same window for the same fee (or perhaps more?) that Arsenal paid for Sanchez?

Some people just don't have a clue.

Yeah but what kind of player did they keep?? Do you think he is gonna be happy

According to @johnnytapia, all we know is true is that he has a contract with Arsenal and Arsenal didn't sell him. It could be peaches and cream between Wenger and him as far as anyone knows. It's Arsenal's call what to do with him, not anyone else's. It's also City's call whether we bid again or wait till that contract is up.

According to @johnnytapia, all we know is true is that he has a contract with Arsenal and Arsenal didn't sell him. It could be peaches and cream between Wenger and him as far as anyone knows. It's Arsenal's call what to do with him, not anyone else's. It's also City's call whether we bid again or wait till that contract is up.

It's a reasonable inference that he doesn't want to be there based on him turning down a lucrative contract extension. Actions speak louder than words.

I'm sure he was well aware of our interest in him when we played them in the FA Cup semi final, and he had no problem celebrating then.

I wouldn't read too much into what he does when we play them. He's got a job to do ultimately.
True but he hadn't been incredibly close to signing for us only to be totally pissed about by Arsenal at that point.

So if we were to go back in for Alexis in January what price would Arsenal sell at? Personally I wouldn't go any higher than £15-20m and I only say that much because it does two things:

1. Keeps him from potentially going elsewhere in Europe; and,
2. Negates the big signing-on fee we'd pay him if we wait until the summer.

Also there is the very possible scenario that Arsenal just say they've decided they're keeping him for the entire season, even knowing that he'll leave in the summer.

So if we were to go back in for Alexis in January what price would Arsenal sell at? Personally I wouldn't go any higher than £15-20m and I only say that much because it does two things:

1. Keeps him from potentially going elsewhere in Europe; and,
2. Negates the big signing-on fee we'd pay him if we wait until the summer.

Also there is the very possible scenario that Arsenal just say they've decided they're keeping him for the entire season, even knowing that he'll leave in the summer.
Not sure I understand your first point. For me, I dont see him joining us in Jan. Arse have already cut their nose for a much higher value.

Not sure I understand your first point. For me, I dont see him joining us in Jan. Arse have already cut their nose for a much higher value.

FWIW I don't think they'll sell him in January. Just if he were to kick up a fuss or become a distraction and they decide to cut ties while they can still get any kind of fee.

FWIW I don't think they'll sell him in January. Just if he were to kick up a fuss or become a distraction and they decide to cut ties while they can still get any kind of fee.
If he plays like a cûnt, has various niggly injuries, and has the flu every now and then, I think they may decide to sell in Jan, lol.

Will be interesting to see if he's in the squad/starting line-up for Arsenal on Saturday and if so what sort of reception he gets from the fans and also how his body language is! He might even return back to Arsenal saying he's too tired to play from all the travelling he's just done on international duty which would be great or the flu reappears again (here's hoping)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.