Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Fully deserved defeat and overall an absolute dicking, despite the late goals to flatter us. Much to work on.
bit harsh there, game was ours for the taking until the 15 minute brain fart by the back 5. Ferdy and gungo not right pair for a game like that.

Sucks when City lose because of their own errors. None of their goals had assists. Maybe the second one but stones had body position for a few steps then is pushed off it.
Yep that's the point I was making too, yet listen to Sky bemoaning our goals like they don't count or against the run of play? Even though we weren't at our best our goals(maybe our first the keeper could have done better but it wasn't an easy shot to stop) were all us, 3 of theirs were handed to them.

Spot on for points 1 and 3. Gunda just needs to put more effort in, he’s good enough and I believe it will come but the boo boys seem to be taking a shine to him!
Absolute bollox. Gundogan was easily our best player, f you want to scapegoat try Sergio

Liverpool played well but ultimately we beat ourselves today. To make that many defensive errors is criminal against their front 3. Did well to come back into it but the damage was done. Well played Klopp that's your first trophy in the bag u clown!

Pep fucked up for me. We lost the game when Silva didn't play.

Sterling, Stones, Otamendi, Aguero and Gundogan should hang their heads in shame.

Sane and KDB deserves a lot of credit. They stood out and looked like they actually gave a shit.

If we hadn't lost it mentally for that 10 minute spell and kept it to 2-1 or 3-1, we still would have had a chance to get back into the game, clearly the players were rattled in this game.
Pep still has some work to do on the mentality of some of our players it seems.
Gundogan missing in action (yet again), KdB had to provide all the creativity for us. Raheem again non existent against his old club. Aguero offered no movement or threat and when he did have the ball, wanted too many touches and wouldn't release the ball quick enough for my liking.
Fernandinho had a poor game by his high standards and the defence overall throughout the whole game kept on giving away the ball when under no pressure playing short passes back to the red dippers.
Though Ederson was also at fault for the first goal (got his angles all wrong by leaving too much space to his right) and the fuck up for the 4th goal too.

Overall a very bad day at the office, but we will bounce back and canter to the league title regardless.

This result and poor performance will hopefully knock some complacency out of our players (if any exists).

We all know this the Dippers cup final , and we also know we cannot carry any passengers to get anything at Klanfield , Sterling and Aguero were non existent , thought the rest of the team although not at the races put a lot of effort into the match , KDB , Sane , Walker were the only players who came out of it with any credit and Stones ,Otto and Ederson made some schoolboy errors and gifted three of the goals .But wwhy did Pep persevere with Kun & Raheem when they were so poor ?
We missed Merlins control in the midfield , but if we start tearing Pep and this team to pieces because of one poor performance , then we may as well all give up , they have been absolutely superb all season , and we will be among the silverware in the next few months.
This team and Pep will react in the right way to this defeat , in fact it will make them f*cking angry , god help Newcastle unfortunately for them ,i think they are going to pay for this

We missed Jesus today.

You could see with Firmino that he worked as a false 9 leaving Liverpool with 4 in midfield against our 3.

That’s why Pep plays Jesus in the big games because Sergio doesn’t offer the same output.

Thought our main problem was keeping the ball in midfield and up front, which put the pressure on the defence.

Showed to me that Silva is irreplaceable in this setup and exactly why Guardiola wouldn’t play Aguero if Jesus was fit. Thought he played with his head down and was incredibly selfish up to the last fifteen minutes

668 passes and 86% accuracy according to Sky.

Have to say its not the game i watched as i thought we were awful in possession all game.

Games where both sides press manically often look worse than they appear on the stat sheets, you get lots of passes in short succession as people try to avoid the press, but the length of the possessions are short and interupted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.