City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Silliest idea on here yet. I can see your concept and maybe the penalty should be loyalty points. Instead of 190 points at the start of the season for renewal, just allocate for what you attend say 14 games = 140 points. In the grand scheme of things i wont lose any sleep over that as im well off the die hards who are driving to keep their 21k points and loyalty points mean nothing of value to me. I can easily pick up any home or away ticket on the buy and sell pages because those with 21k points ticket whore; and sell on everytime.

If they introduced financial penalties or the risk of reallocation of seats there would be chaos and personally this "threat" would be the final straw for many and i would give up the tickets. Plus how would they ever manage everyone's individual claims like some sort of small claims court...someone was ill, i had work, i was on holidays, train strikes...literally a million and one reasons why someone wont attend a game and who at city makes the decision if that is valid or not. Their customers services department is questionable enough as it is plus near impossible to get in touch with the club for those who have bans.

I actively use the ticket exchange and i think the quota of 6 is fair, i usually hit that number throughout the season and it cuts £200 off my ticket for the following year. Plus city may give me £200 back for 6 games but they can sell those 6 games on for £53 say so £318 revenue for them. Thats an easy £100+ profit plus 6 new sets of fans/cityzens get the matchday experience and prob spend more on food or the superstore if they are daytrippers than i ever would. Plus the most valuable thing, they become fans.

So If I had to miss a 7th I should go to the small claims court.

What nonsense.

The reason nothing ever gets done, is the one dimensional thinking of the whole football business & unfortunately the stuck in their ways fans who follow it.

I've had my season ticket since 97 and this season I went to 17 of 19 games (I was away for the 2 I missed - Everton & Stoke). I didn't attempt to sell my seats as I assumed nobody would take them up - I used to try it in the Viagogo days and it was hit and miss.

Its the clubs policy on ticketing....as a season ticket holder you are allowed to sell your ticket back to the club 6 times in a season. Once you have reached that number there can be no more 'trades'.

So at the end of the season most 'long distance travellers' like myself and my wife have reached their limit (we cant always make it from Suffolk for the mid week matches) hence the empty seats... but they are still 'sold' and the club is able to count us as being in the attendees, likewise tickets that are put up for trade with the club but not sold for any reason.

I personally think that the club should go for expansion and do one of two things

1) Use the additional seats sold to peg the prices elsewhere in the ground (extra revenue from the sales subsidises the rest of us)
2) Offer a cheap youth season ticket to attract the younger supporter which will feed through to club revenues for many years
Often wondered whether they count them twice, if they go through the exchange?

So If I had to miss a 7th I should go to the small claims court.

What nonsense.

The reason nothing ever gets done, is the one dimensional thinking of the whole football business & unfortunately the stuck in their ways fans who follow it.

hahaha you are back tracking because everyone has tore the arse out of your idea.

As you said to another poster " I am not interested in all the possible exceptions, they would be discussed with the club in all cases. I Didnt say go to the small claims court if you re-read my post but im saying they would need some sort of concept like this to rule over each fans claim. If there was 1k non-attendees per game a season , then you could have anywhere up to 20-25k cases per season were people have to valid why they couldnt attend.

I own a business, i studied business and i understand different business ideologies that are used in different industries. This would work in the hospitality industry but with entertainment, when you pay up front, they dont give a crap if you attend or not. If there was enough incentive from city to reclaim more money they would take and they with the exchange system. If they want to piss long term fans off then there wouldnt be many left.

True but surely that can be overcome by ensuring each block has a capacity that is enforced and that tickets allow individuals into that block only. As they enter the block their photo could be automatically taken (and tied in with a database somewhere) which means that if there's any issue in that block the photos/film can be used to identify the people. It's all possible. I don't think you'd have to go that far to appease the police/safety officers but that could be done to make it work. To be frank there's nothing stopping entire blocks from all swapping seats now and the police/safety people wouldn't have a clue.
Valid points Gary

No, I didn't say that, just can't be arsed working out the fine details for your amusement, doing other things.

Would be no problem if I was getting paid to do it.

It's not for my amusement at all. I am genuinely interested on how such a scheme could / would possibly work.
Personally I think it is completely unworkable but willing to listen to ideas and schemes if people have them.
It's just to easy to float an idea and make it sound plausible but the devil is in the detail and if you are not prepared
to think it through then you don't really have an idea - more of a statement.
No big deal either way and to be honest I don't think the club will ever even think about it due to the fact it is just to
difficult to come with anything that is remotely fair and also as long as the seat is paid for they probably don't give a fuck anyway.
It's a few on here who have the hang up about empty seats and how the media portray it and use it to try and ridicule us for it.
I actually think it is a none issue but that's just my opinion and it is no more valid than anyone else's opinion. But that's what
forums are for.

hahaha you are back tracking because everyone has tore the arse out of your idea.

As you said to another poster " I am not interested in all the possible exceptions, they would be discussed with the club in all cases. I Didnt say go to the small claims court if you re-read my post but im saying they would need some sort of concept like this to rule over each fans claim. If there was 1k non-attendees per game a season , then you could have anywhere up to 20-25k cases per season were people have to valid why they couldnt attend.

I own a business, i studied business and i understand different business ideologies that are used in different industries. This would work in the hospitality industry but with entertainment, when you pay up front, they dont give a crap if you attend or not. If there was enough incentive from city to reclaim more money they would take and they with the exchange system. If they want to piss long term fans off then there wouldnt be many left.

They wouldn't be reclaiming any money, you fucking idiot, they would be setting the price of your season ticket for next season, based on attendance.

As I said: one dimensional thinking.

It's not for my amusement at all. I am genuinely interested on how such a scheme could / would possibly work.
Personally I think it is completely unworkable but willing to listen to ideas and schemes if people have them.
It's just to easy to float an idea and make it sound plausible but the devil is in the detail and if you are not prepared
to think it through then you don't really have an idea - more of a statement.
No big deal either way and to be honest I don't think the club will ever even think about it due to the fact it is just to
difficult to come with anything that is remotely fair and also as long as the seat is paid for they probably don't give a fuck anyway.
It's a few on here who have the hang up about empty seats and how the media portray it and use it to try and ridicule us for it.
I actually think it is a none issue but that's just my opinion and it is no more valid than anyone else's opinion. But that's what
forums are for.

The Premier League actually has a 'hang up' about empty seats.

We are talking about expanding the stadium/atmosphere. The lower tier, imo, should be full every week & the fans who buy season tickets there, in agreement with that policy, or sit somewhere else.

If they agree with it, then the club could (but won't) ensure it is full, by a carrot & stick method.

They wouldn't be reclaiming any money, you fucking idiot, they would be setting the price of your season ticket for next season, based on attendance.

As I said: one dimensional thinking.

haha you are pleasant arent you. Go have a coffee you fool. You talked about rewards and penalties on your ST, What else could they enforce other than financial incentives and financial penalties?

But as someone else said, imagine they hold a ST but that person was ill or whatever and they couldnt attend 17 out 19 games for example (dont use the exchange, cant pass the ticket on), should they be penalized heavily against someone who attends all games? If you were in their shoes, would you be happy to be fined in this way for reasons beyond your control?

That's a good idea, but don't the police object to those ideas as they like to know where people are sitting?

Think this idea is well worth exploring, and could be a good test for any potential safe standing areas.

Split the block into smaller sections and have tickets specific to these smaller blocks. This would make it easier for the security as there’ll be less moving around than in one full block, and easier to monitor who’s where. Over time groups will tend to meet around the same area, like in the old kippax.

If this is a success then we can prove to the government that the system works with seats and there’s no reason it won’t work with standing.

As for reducing the amount of empty seats, how about giving extra loyalty points if your ticket is used at the turnstile? 10 points for PL games, 20 CL, 30 FA, 50 CC. Could amend this depending on the opponent, round etc. It wouldn’t punish those who can’t make it but it would reward those who attend and maybe give an incentive to fans who are umming and ahhing. Cheaper tickets would also help of course.

Edit: Sorry, meant to include the Gary James post about unreserved seating areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.