Long distance fans

I have to say the new glory hunting fans from abroad get on my wick,it's all a computer game to them with endless stats with no understanding or passion for the game orthe club,sorry you did ask

Biggest piece of bullshit I’ve ever heard. It takes a lot to insult me but this one is right up there. Get over yourself.

I’ve spent hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours as a fan of this club and every minute of it with passion. People don’t care about football in my country and when they do it certainly isn’t about glory hunting or loving city. I love that I’m an outsider and feel like that coincides with the natural mancunian base. I “chose” this club because I didn’t like what United represented and wanted to
Support the opposite, the little guy, so to pigeonhole me as a glory hunter is wildly insulting.

You ever been fired for a job for supporting City? I was a server part time during 93:20 and the biggest day of the year is mother’s day...that same day we played QPR. I stayed home and watched City and was let go that same day and I’d do it 10/10 times. So I think some of us long distance fans deserve more respect.

You ever been fired for a job for supporting City? I was a server part time during 93:20 and the biggest day of the year is mother’s day...that same day we played QPR. I stayed home and watched City and was let go that same day and I’d do it 10/10 times. So I think some of us long distance fans deserve more respect.
Hope your Mum's a blue ;)

Hope your Mum's a blue ;)

This was my chance to vent. I took it and stand by it. I totally get the perspective of the real match going mancs and I’ve always been respectful of that.

It’s all in good fun though and I do feel more than welcomed here and I’m very happy to interact with the ‘real fans’. I do know my place at the end of the day on this site.

This was my chance to vent. I took it and stand by it. I totally get the perspective of the real match going mancs and I’ve always been respectful of that.

It’s all in good fun though and I do feel more than welcomed here and I’m very happy to interact with the ‘real fans’. I do know my place at the end of the day on this site.
I put my two penn'orth in early on this one and I'm all for everyone mate. Mi casa es su casa.

I think a lot of people will be a little uncomfortable with this subject.
As a Mancunian I never really had much of a choice to make.
All my family were blues so I was brought up supporting my local team.
I will say there was a real sense of comaradery when we were in the lower divisions and nearly all the blues at the games home or away were Mancs
There is also a feeling of serving your time in the lower divisions and backing the club when we were crap.
Whilst I accept the club wants and needs all the fans they can get, if I am honest I find it difficult to see the logic in supporting a club just because they are successful.
I am also am slightly saddened when I meet someone in a City top and then when they speak they do so in some sort of strange accent. I certainly feel less of an affiliation with them.
We slagged off the rags for so long about this, old habits are hard to break.

I grew up a City fan - never any choice as my Dad was blue. Season ticket holder until my early 20’s - had to give it up when I moved to South Wales for work. A mortgage and young family made it impossible to go more than once or twice as season

Thirty something years later, l still wear a City shirt (1969 Cup Final one) and I probably speak with a strange accent....go easy on me if we ever cross paths

What's with all these Blues feeling they have to justify their support simply because they were born miles away from Manchester? It shouldn't matter to anyone where certain fans come from, if they love Manchester City FC then they're ok in my book. They can be space travellers from Aldebaran, a gang of Putin's henchmen from Moscow (if they are, and they have some spare Novichok, there's a certain Mr P. Crerand I'd like to introduce you to), they can be whatever they want to be, if they think about City every day, if every game the club plays takes on a life-or-death scenario to them, if the sight of that famous sky blue shirt lifts your heart in a way you've never experienced before, and if ANY defeat turns you into a wild-eyed, foul-mouthed psychopath, then you're a Blue.

Welcome to our world.

i want to say to all those far away blues that I admire you totally. I am very lucky, I live 2 miles from the stadium, I'm not sure I could cope with watching every game on tv or indeed doing say a 400 mile round trip as some of our uk blues have to do. as well as the time element the sheer cost must mean some very severe sacrifices, I know not all blues have been around that long but I also know that some of our far away/ moved away blues have followed city for decades and have seen some right crap. so whether 2 miles, 2 years, 500 miles or 50 years, a blue is a blue.

everybody is welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.