Do you think we should support the top 6 plan to receive a higher share of PL income?

Yes the top 6 teams sell the product abroad get the viewer's anything that makes city stronger im all for I reckon it's going to happen anyway so we need to make sure we have a big say

No but for different reasons. We have a very generous wealthy owner which gives us a competitive edge. If the other 5 clubs suddenly received a bigger share all it would do is to increase transfer fees as we would all be competing for the very best players,so no no no.
Surely we are now self sufficient and contribute to the wealth of our owner now?
The only advantage we have financially is that our owner is still in investment phase re the team and allows most of the profit to be spent improving our team. Others do not invest most of their profits back into football.

Seems to me the skewing of more money towards the top is to use it for team improvement to protect their top 6 position whilst allowing owners to continue sharing the golden goose cash.

Yes the top 6 teams sell the product abroad get the viewer's anything that makes city stronger im all for I reckon it's going to happen anyway so we need to make sure we have a big say
The top 6 do sell the product more abroad but they sell it for such a large amount because of the specific competitiveness and uniqueness of the Premier League. The more it becomes big sides over little sides the less it sells for. I would always rather get 5 percent of a pound than 10 percent of 10p and that would be the ultimate result. It is all very short termism thinking. Sport in general is unique. You can not have a monopoly and survive. A monopoly will perversely reduce income rather than increase like other industries

Yes. If we weren't in the top 6, those that were would fuck us over. Trying to cling onto an outdated sense of morality and decency would just see us trampled on.

The top 6 do sell the product more abroad but they sell it for such a large amount because of the specific competitiveness and uniqueness of the Premier League. The more it becomes big sides over little sides the less it sells for. I would always rather get 5 percent of a pound than 10 percent of 10p and that would be the ultimate result. It is all very short termism thinking. Sport in general is unique. You can not have a monopoly and survive. A monopoly will perversely reduce income rather than increase like other industries
is 6 teams a monopoly though ? I reckon a European super league is on its way anyway , so get ourselves in a position to have a major say.
did teams give a fuck when ffp came into play ? no they thought fuck it lets look after ourselves( I don't know how they did though)
did people give a fuck when the sky big four were helping themselves, again no, so why now ?

is 6 teams a monopoly though ? I reckon a European super league is on its way anyway , so get ourselves in a position to have a major say.
did teams give a fuck when ffp came into play ? no they thought fuck it lets look after ourselves( I don't know how they did though)
did people give a fuck when the sky big four were helping themselves, again no, so why now ?

I keep hearing about this European super league and have for donkeys years and when i do i always ask the same question...

Which of the so called super elite are going to want to risk finishing bottom of it?

Are we going to invite 4 or 5 shite sides along to finish at the bottom end or do you think the likes of Bayern, Madrid, Barcelona, Rags, Liverpool, Arsenal etc are going to risk finishing in a shit position instead of being at the top end of their tables ?

I reckon the international money should be split evenly. That said, if our owners push for a larger slice of the cake they are entitled to do so. We only just made a profit last year despite the owners paying for the ground to be expanded, in recent seasons. I reckon the expansion to the North Stand (when it happens) will need to be funded by the Club’s Finance and not a free gift.

The top Club’s do receive enough funding, linked to the larger share of Prem / domestic TV revenues, that others have pointed out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.