Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Rashford for me all day long. So Sterling had a great season - far more goals and assists. So week in week out he was the better player through the season, so what?. At the end of the day Rashford scored a decent goal in the last game against Costa Rica so that trumps all in my book,And on that subject my mate big Dave - admittedly 20 stone now, but he scored an even better goal last week for the Red lion away to the Three Crowns AND it was a last minute winner. He is therefore a better pick than Kane to me because Kane didn’t score any last minute winners this entire month

Their is something mentally wrong with hoddle about Raheem, he’s obsessive
Quite right. In Hoddle's mind Alli's been playing well for years. Joke. ITV pundits are terrified of the truth so they all live in fantasy land. A fantasy land where Butland is a top GK despite conceding 68 with numerous howlers (punched it into his own net a few weeks ago). A fantasy land where Pickford is the man despite conceding 58 for super rich Everton. A fantasy land where Joe didn't have the best shut out record in WC qualifying anywhere in Europe. A fantasy land where Joe didn't concede a qualifying goal for eleven and a half months - and got monstrous stick when he eventually conceded.

To Blondie's deni deni

Raheem Raheem, he's got a gun tattoo
Raheem Raheem, He's won a cup or two
Raheem Raheem, were so glad youre a blue ah ah.
Great but the last line is sung slower than the other two and so doesn't quite scan. It definately needs 'that' in the middle.

Raheem Raheem, he's got a gun tattoo,
Raheem Raheem, He's won a cup or two,
Ra-heeem Ra-heeem, were so glad that youre a blue.

Last edited:
Hah, Tom needs to stop reading the rag tabloids and enjoy the lad while he's here.

I never get this, i don't read papers yet somehow they swing my judgement on him. I use my eyes and judge from there, i'd love him to have a good world cup to shove it down the medias throats however all he has to do on here is win a throw in and you want him knighted.

Are The Sun blaming Raheem for Beckham banging his daughters teacher yet?
I've heard it was actually Raheem that knocked her up, Becks is taking the blame like a true England captain, while Harry Kane intends to claim the baby is his. (have I won twitter joke bingo?)

I've heard it was actually Raheem that knocked her up, Becks is taking the blame like a true England captain, while Harry Kane intends to claim the baby is his. (have I won twitter joke bingo?)
Very close , but you needed the dippers holding a candle-lit vigil for the whole sorry affair.

I never get this, i don't read papers yet somehow they swing my judgement on him. I use my eyes and judge from there, i'd love him to have a good world cup to shove it down the medias throats however all he has to do on here is win a throw in and you want him knighted.

I used to have reservations about Sterling. They went last season as Pep turned him round. And this season he has been superb. Sure he should score more from the chances he has but is their anyone better in the England team? No. Certainly not Ali and definately not Rashfird.

I used to have reservations about Sterling. They went last season as Pep turned him round. And this season he has been superb. Sure he should score more from the chances he has but is their anyone better in the England team? No. Certainly not Ali and definately not Rashfird.
Seems strange to say that In a season when we broke PL scoring records we should have scored many more. RS is not alone in the City team regarding missing sitters.

If Pep cannot cure this problem and RS is to be judged just on his striking record for England then I cannot see him being chosen because England do not generate the chances that City create.

What are you basing that on though? club form? he doesn't carry that form for England. He was clearly head and shoulders above every other English player this year yet in the England team he doesn't stand out in the slightest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.