Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Now youre just making things up. You have absolutely no idea whether KDB would be able to play his normal city game in this England side and you never will.

What I would say is England have a history of players not carrying their club form into international football, this is nothing new with sterling. You could also say the same about Messi, has he ever really carried his Barca form onto the international stage on a Regular basis, I’d say he hasn’t. On that basis would u drop Messi as well?

Ok, I imagine KDB would play his normal football. It seems odd you would think he wouldn't. If Messi wasn't playing well for Argentina then yes drop him, his name wont win you football matches will it? We moaned for years England persisted with Gerrard Lampard etc just because they were our best centre mids but clearly it didn't work for England yet when it comes to Sterling he has to play because of his club form. I agree many don't carry that form to their national sides but England just do not play to Sterlings strengths and that is why he looks half the player for them than he does us.

Talking of Raheem did anyone hear Dead Ringers - R4 Friday 6-30pm and repeat Saturday lunchtime.
Raheem had a woman tattooist trying to alter his gun tattoo. After a while the woman said there you go I have altered it to the 3 Lions badge.
The phone rang so I missed Raheems reaction ?.
At the end of the show there was a great skit supposedly by Chas and Dave on Inger-lands WC song - very funny last line was -" because we are shit ".....

Ok, I imagine KDB would play his normal football. It seems odd you would think he wouldn't. If Messi wasn't playing well for Argentina then yes drop him, his name wont win you football matches will it? We moaned for years England persisted with Gerrard Lampard etc just because they were our best centre mids but clearly it didn't work for England yet when it comes to Sterling he has to play because of his club form. I agree many don't carry that form to their national sides but England just do not play to Sterlings strengths and that is why he looks half the player for them than he does us.
Best player in the 2014 world cup, especially in the Italy game.
Assisted almost every goal for England in the friendlies leading upto 2016
In the actual Euro, created a rare Eng chance v Russia with his pace and movement (and crucified for his miss) but nobody seemed to notice how Russia began to play much better and scored after he was subbed
Match he didn't play - Eng drew 0-0 with mighty Slovakia
Iceland - created the goal by drawing the Pen, the only chance created by Eng in virtually the entire game.

Yes, he plays far worse for Eng than for Nan city.
But he is still one of England's best 2-3, and his treatment by the press and other fans is despicable.

You are talking absolute shite there pal, I think you need to ignore who they both play for and judge them for England. Sterling plays differently for City and my points aren't about club football but for England. Define constant threat, do you mean getting into fantastic positions and not picking out a team mate? Creating a chance to balloon over the bar? it's all guff people say "constant threat" "looks dangerous" it doesn't even mean anything. He is superior to the three you just mentioned but you don't just pick the best club players - look at Germany with Sane. England have suffered before shoehorning the best talent instead of having a system. By all means defend Sterling, argue why he should start but to say all that and slate Rashford clearly shows you know zip about football.

Sorry but I've tried to converse with you before it's impossible.
I think Rashford is average at best. I'm not alone. His own manager does.

He was awful the other night, he scored a nice goal. Other than that he did nothing. Hence my point about his striker partner pretty much watching the whole game while Rashford just ran down blind alleys.

I can't judge Sterling on England form. I don't think he's ever had two 90 minutes in a row.
He should be given a proper role and time to adapt. Kane doesn't pass, Ali doesn't pass, Lingard has zero vision and Henderson passes sideways.
Get Stones on the right of a back three, Walker on the right and Delph in midfield and you'd see a much better Sterling.

I say 'constant threat' because of his intelligence & movement. Much like Henderson or Ali, that obviously is beyond your vision.

As for Sané and Germany, their manager is renowned for picking the tried and trusted. Hence people like Podolski having about 200 caps.

I guess we disagree on who plays better for England. I would actually rather see sterling and rashford start ahead of Lingard and alli. Sterling and rashford both have their faults for England, but I’d much rather have that threat of sterling on the pitch than Lingard or alli. England without sterling have no one who can beat a man or really hurt a team with his directness and runs in behind. Yes he needs to improve his final delivery / finishing, but there is no one else who can open up and hurt defenses like he does.

I don't relish it, as pointed out before I went on his thread many times this season praising him. People only pick out when I am critical. I can see positives in his game, just not for England maybe similar to Sane for Germany, not that I have watched them but many have said he didn't get picked because he doesn't perform for them which is mad considering the season he has had for us. Looking dangerous for me isn't a reason to start anybody although I appreciate there isn't a big pot of talent to pick from for England. Of course I want him to do well, madness to think otherwise.
Can you get up those praising posts as i only recall one or 2 with a but..

Also why does he have to take his city form to england ? another stick for you to beat him with it seems

I guess we disagree on who plays better for England. I would actually rather see sterling and rashford start ahead of Lingard and alli. Sterling and rashford both have their faults for England, but I’d much rather have that threat of sterling on the pitch than Lingard or alli. England without sterling have no one who can beat a man or really hurt a team with his directness and runs in behind. Yes he needs to improve his final delivery / finishing, but there is no one else who can open up and hurt defenses like he does.

When I have watched him for England though he doesn't often do them things you list? You are talking about City Sterling rather than England Sterling but I agree I would happily have him and Rashford starting ahead of the players you mentioned.

Can you get up those praising posts as i only recall one or 2 with a but..

Also why does he have to take his city form to england ? another stick for you to beat him with it seems

Why does he have to take that form? Maybe because it is his job? The same way Rooney would get blasted for being a different player for England than he was at United.

When I have watched him for England though he doesn't often do them things you list? You are talking about City Sterling rather than England Sterling but I agree I would happily have him and Rashford starting ahead of the players you mentioned.

Why does he have to take that form? Maybe because it is his job? The same way Rooney would get blasted for being a different player for England than he was at United.
No players take their club form into the national teams not even messi or sergio for reasons i'm sure you know ,try watching more of our players at the world cup,but you just like picking,what is your REAL problem with him? and those posts would be good

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.