Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

As much as I enjoy shitting on Lingard and your point is valid, your maths is wrong.

Lingard made his competitive debut for United in 2014 not 2011 and has 24 goals excluding his loan spells outside the PL, not including them (including them it's 36). Sterling got 23 this season so unfortunately the "more in one season..." doesn't work.

Still, point remains, Lingard is shit.
Well spotted. I stand corrected. Made his senior debut for Leicester in 2012. I'll correct my post.

No doubt we'll not hear nowt about Salah's gifts for his mummy.

Horned viper Baby bird Circle with dot in the center!!!!

You’re right, it isn’t in the grand scheme of things, because Sterling has been mercilessly and unfairly pilloried by the media from the moment he opted to leave Candlepool for us. However, I’m struggling to find much evidence of “Sterling bashing” in respect of last night’s

Come on, the bashing started before the World Cup did with the tattoo nonsense!

Some of Yesterday's headlines on the England game:

'Lots of positives but Sterling must improve'

'Raheem Sterling gives England a question to answer after frustrating World Cup 2018 ooener'

'Kane stars but Walker and Sterling disappoint'

'England vs Tunisia, Raheem Sterling fails to reproduce Man City form, scouting report'

There are many other match reports that specifically name Sterling in the headline too. If it was Rashford constantly being singled out and scrutinised by the British press, I'd defend him too. It's not about being a bBue for me but I do think Blues should get behind the lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.