World Cup 2018 | 24th June | England vs Panama Match Thread, KO 13:00 (BST)

Would be typical to finally top the group and then face a route of

Rd16: Colombia
QF: Brazil/Germany

whilst Belgium get

RD16: Japan
QF Mexico

Except both us and Belgium don’t need to win so we’ll have to wait to the knockout stage to get a better idea when there’s more at stake.
True mate, I would love the idea England could win the world cup, but don't understand everyone getting carried away, we have beat probably 2 of the worst teams in the tournament

Let's be honest, if any of Brazil, Germany, Argentina etc had started like we have there'd be bookies paying out on them already, calls for us to adopt their styles/philosophies.
No we haven't played anyone decent yet but we've struggled to despatch packed defences previously. Let alone stick 6 past them.
Let's enjoy it while we can.

True mate, I would love the idea England could win the world cup, but don't understand everyone getting carried away, we have beat probably 2 of the worst teams in the tournament
We won't win it. But that was the first England game I've enjoyed for years. And some of the more fancied teams have struggled to beat weak opposition, never mind score six.

It is what it is, so just savour the moment.

Penalties with Germany in the QFs is highly likely.
Southgate to get another Pizza Hut advert out of it...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.