United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a team has ten men behind the ball then surely they are facing less shots otherwise it is pointless if they are relying on their goalkeeper? I like how you are quick on the stats when it suits? He hasn't had a good world cup, just like Neur who you have a hard on for? A Neur who conceded 4 goals in 3 games, against 3 very average sides, played poorly and plays for a club team where he rarely gets tested. You have used the World Cup as a stick to beat De Gea with whilst defending Neur. Very selective if you ask me. He costs United ten goals a season? Do you genuinely believe that or is making that up a straw for you to clutch at? He is the only reason United haven't been mid table or worse the last few years. He certainly saves them more than he costs them.

No I don't, going in on De Gea is crazy talk though.

It Neuer.

He is a good keeper but how many of his saves are as good as when he saved Agueros header in the derby. A lot of his save are straight at him, now that could be down to his positional sense of beinf in the right place, but rarely you see him clawing it out of the top corner.
The strikers in the world cup havent shot straight at him. The one save he did make the defender pushed the striker wide, the only place he could put it was straight at De Gea.

You cant comment on him with balance so why not just say I don't care he is a rag so I refuse to give him any credit.

You come on here defending DeGea and because someone disagrees you bring that tired old clichè up. Is that your go-to retort to any City fan who criticises a rag? People are making valid points about his goalkeeping skills but you assume they're just being nasty because of who he plays for. It makes no difference which club he plays for, if people (and I am one of them) don't particularly rate him it's because we see faults in his game that you apparently do not. These are called opinions, mate. We all have 'em. Suggesting a football fan (a knowledgeable and articulate fan at that) judges the ability of a player simply because of the club he's representing is a rather shallow attitude to take.

He makes the harder saves to be fair, as non deluded blues have pointed out some shots straight at you are sometimes the hardest. I like the questioning of him as a goalkeeper though it is pretty funny. Not biased in the slightest. One of the best in the world but I would rather have Ederson for how we play.
Rag.

At least Neur will come out of his penalty area

In fact you'll find him on the edge of the opponents!

DeGea, undoubtedly a good keeper otherwise he wouldn't be rags number one. We saw how ruthless Mourinho was when he took over at Chelsea and replaced Cudicini with Cech
I do think though that some of his "spectacular" saves are glamorised by him and really are just "good" saves. That Arsenal game last season being a typical example. DeGea had a very busy game,played extremely well and didn't make any errors. I honestly don't think he made any worldies, just made good saves look spectacular. Every keeper will have an exceptional match, but as DeGea plays for the worlds greatest and biggest club "(TM)", he will always generate more plaudits (see every other good but hugely overrated rag player in the last 40 years)

In fact it was DeGea trying to make an ordinary bread and butter save look good that cost the rags vs Sevilla

I'd add Pickford to the list of Hollywood ball savers.

No, them Chelsea defenders were an awful lot more stronger than Smalling and pissing Jones. He might not come as much as he should but he certainly isn't an issue in that team and wasn't an issue when Real Madrid were going to spend big money on him. You cant predict what keepers will come out and claim it, they could come out and drop it. At least you will admit he can't be blamed for every one. Defenders need to do their bit too. It is interesting why you only focus on that side of his game and when he "costs" United (very rare) instead of the many points he will have single handed won them sadly. Golden glove, team of the year (again) and conceded the second least in the league would suggest he is better than the disaster you are making out.

Done it pre season too, we have conceded goals through him coming out. Saved us many times too, it isn't a pop but someone defended Neur because he comes out as if it is relevant.

One v Rags - pre season friendly, meant fuck all

One v Shaktar - CL dead rubber, meant fuck all

One v Dippers - only one that mattered.

We wouldn't have got the hundred without him giving us I'd say 15 points on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.