World Cup 2018 | 3rd July | R16: Colombia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

Even Giggs noticed that England were in total control until Sterling went off

But when you point that out you get called a bitter blue spectacle wearing dick for sticking up for that nobhead with the gun tattoo

I’m in the USA at the moment and watched the game in Boston. Was a really nice mix of England fans, a loud and parting Colombia crowd and some local Americans. I was chatting to some of the locals who are big fans of the Premier League and they were purring over Raheem - for many of them he is their favourite player. I also watched a game over here a few months ago and the attitude of the media and commentators to him here is diammetrically opposed to the crap he gets in the UK. It really is so obvious that most people’s vitriolic opinions of him in England are 100% shaped by the press that obviously hate him as opposed to any actual observations. Imagine if Henderson had missed the pen that cost us the game...it would be all about what a tragedy it was and how he didn’t deserve that etc etc. Now imagine if Sterling had missed the penalty and cost us the game....

This team is seriously missing a creative ball player in the centre of the park

Fast forward 4 years to Qatar with the Stockport iniesta running the show

I’m in the USA at the moment and watched the game in Boston. Was a really nice mix of England fans, a loud and parting Colombia crowd and some local Americans. I was chatting to some of the locals who are big fans of the Premier League and they were purring over Raheem - for many of them he is their favourite player. I also watched a game over here a few months ago and the attitude of the media and commentators to him here is diammetrically opposed to the crap he gets in the UK. It really is so obvious that most people’s vitriolic opinions of him in England are 100% shaped by the press that obviously hate him as opposed to any actual observations. Imagine if Henderson had missed the pen that cost us the game...it would be all about what a tragedy it was and how he didn’t deserve that etc etc. Now imagine if Sterling had missed the penalty and cost us the game....
I live in Canada and we get a lot of the US feeds on tv here, especially the excellent NBCSN. You are spot on. The Canadian and the US football analysts, the press and consequently the fans love City. They rave about Sergio, Dave and especially KDB but they also really appreciate Raheem, Leroy and Fernandinho. The reason - sports audiences here love winners. The British press and their lemming readers, viewers and listeners hate winners unless they have the history (tragedy ??) of Liverpool and the pond dwellers. I prefer to be on the side of the winners.

Three and a half minutes from the award of the penalty before Kane actually took it.

I half expected him to place the ball on the spot only to find that it had disappeared completely.
Yep the scraping of the penalty spot and having to wait an age he kept his bottle well. Lots of our players could have reacted but didnt get sucked in. Our midfield leaves a lot to be desired but we are still plodding along

2 shots on the goal by England in 120 minutes

1 of which was the pen.

Southgate played rediculously defensivly and chanced it on the pens which could have gone wrong.

Trough with luck, really very inspirationless performance sorry to say, ugly match too with some diving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.