World Cup 2018 | 3rd July | R16: Colombia vs England Match Thread, KO 19:00 (BST)

who does ? we are winning and playign quite well. if we go out soon then so be it, but at least weve tried, put effort in and showed some passion, which we haven't done in years. i think thats all most people want. you don't need 11 world class players to go far. despite all the negative things your saying as well, for me we've been the better team in most games. columbia in particular were crap and had one or two shots from miles out on goal.

even if we play shit in every game from now on and win, no one will care. its not false if we keeping going through the rounds.

Well said, nobody expects us to win the thing, just nice to see this England team do relatively well. Not sure why some need to accuse others of getting giddy etc, just enjoy the ride ffs.

Well said, nobody expects us to win the thing, just nice to see this England team do relatively well. Not sure why some need to accuse others of getting giddy etc, just enjoy the ride ffs.

Exactly. I think there's some unnecessarily harsh comments in this thread. I didn't think we'd get anywhere close to having a sniff of winning the tournament - primarily because we've disappointed so many times in the past - and still think it's a tough ask but we're at least trying to play a different system to what many previous managers did. A system which is dragging us out of the dark ages, and for me this style of football is more likely to see success at international level. You can see that Southgate, Holland, and the rest of the staff have done a hell of a lot of homework and they deserve a lot of credit for that.

Many supposedly better sides have performed worse than England in this tournament and some are already out, yet for me few teams have looked much better than us. Sure, there have been some spectacular individual team performances such as France the other day, Croatia against Argentina, and even Colombia against Poland but regarding the latter everyone was warning about Colombia possibly outplaying us yet in the end they were insipid for the most part, and I think you have to give our players and management team the credit for making them look ordinary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.