Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is we Arsenal would've accepted just money in January which was reported around 25m we weren't willing to pay it and eventually United signed him by offering a player of similar value and a replacement. We could've signed him around the start of the window for 25m and be done with it instead we gambled and it back fired.
This has been discussed many times on here.
He didn't cost 20 or 25M, it was much more than that.
We dodged a hugely expensive bullet and a sulky faced twat.

I agree with u in that we had a value for him. But Utd values him more which is what made him switch in my view. I agree that it's good business not to have him on 400k a week but in my view we should've wrapped it up before they even had the chance. 20m for A player like him is a good price.

At what point "did we have a chance"

I don’t get it- is the guy coming or not?? I was under the impression it was all sorted...

Wrong on so many ASSUMPTIONS Sanchez took the money option. Stop thinking that he was desperate to come to us. He was just desperate to leave Arsenal - & the rags offer. was obscene
When did I say he was desperate to join us specifically he wanted city no doubt about it but we told him to wait a bit he preferred not to got a better offer and went elsewhere could have been avoided if we moved in January and payed Arsenal the money.
At what point "did we have a chance"
when arsenal asked for 25m in January when Alexis still wanted us. We didn't want to pay it and told him to wait.

The thing is we Arsenal would've accepted just money in January which was reported around 25m we weren't willing to pay it and eventually United signed him by offering a player of similar value and a replacement. We could've signed him around the start of the window for 25m and be done with it instead we gambled and it back fired.

You know that for sure do you?

And Arsenal were willing were they?

Arsenal needed a player in and were not allowing their star player to leave mid season without that.

none of us have a clue on the negotiation process or the team talks and game tactics or what goes on in the dressing room. But we judge based on what we see and from what I've seen we do tend to let some negotiations drag on when it feels like we don't need to and sometimes it comes back to bite us. Alves was done and dusted but we let him go on holiday giving plenty of time for another club to sign him which happened. We didn't manage to wrap up Alexis in January and instead told him to wait till the summer giving plenty of clubs time To approach him and sign him which again happened. we've known The fee Napoli want for Jorginho since we wanted him but spent two months trying to get it down only to pay a little less anyways. We spent weeks trying to get Stones and Sterling fee lower only to pay it anyways. Now of course I don't know all the intricate details of negotiations but from the limited info we get as fans I draw my conclusions just as any other fan would. I'm not saying we need to sign everyone in the first week just would be great to see us wrap up these guys faster when we can instead of letting the risk happen that another club can hijack the deal.

Again exactly just like any other fan would, no fan knows what Pep tells his players in the dressing room before a game but if we play bad we have the right to criticize. as fans are info is limited but that doesn't mean that we can't still criticize based on what we because we want to see our beloved club get better. if we can't critisize or comment on anything unless we have the absolute facts there wouldn't be much to talk about.
So what you are saying is Napoli according to the papers wanted 60 million. If we had agreed to that, Napolis chairman would of asked for 75 million. Do we then agree to the 75 so they can push it up to 90 million. Look at what Leicester were trying to get for Mahrez.

When did I say he was desperate to join us specifically he wanted city no doubt about it but we told him to wait a bit he preferred not to got a better offer and went elsewhere could have been avoided if we moved in January and payed Arsenal the money.

when arsenal asked for 25m in January when Alexis still wanted us. We didn't want to pay it and told him to wait.

And Arsenal would have let him leave without replacement, is that what you are proclaiming now as the truth?

From a purely footballing point of view, and disregarding him being an odious little shit, wouldn't Jack Wilshere on a free be a suitable alternative to Jorginho? Good player when fit, knows the league. Would free up money to sign someone up front to take the pressure off Jesus and Aguero too.

Txiki has done so much great bussiness for us but he also makes mistakes like everyone.
You know that for sure do you?

And Arsenal were willing were they?

Arsenal needed a player in and were not allowing their star player to leave mid season without that.
many reports from reliable guys said it not me city wanted him in January but didn't want to pay the fee Arsenal wanted

So we should overpay now. Any deeper mate you will not see daylight soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.