Mateo Kovacic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me get this right. Txiki is going to spunk £60m+ on a player who although he could be as good as Jorgingho currently isn't and will take 6 months to get up to speed playing the Pep way?
Txki gets a whole pile of qudos for last summers signings but this is wiered.
Why not simply pay Napoli £3m more for Jorjingho?

Why not pay Napoli £3m more for Jorginho?

Because it would have upset the bluemooners who are repelled by anything that doesn’t smack of parsimoniousness.

Why not pay Napoli £3m more for Jorginho?

Because it would have upset the bluemooners who are repelled by anything that doesn’t smack of parsimoniousness.
It seems like Jorginho is open to a move to Chelsea, I guess that's why

Let me get this WRONG. Txiki is going to spunk £60m+ on a player who although he could be as good as Jorgingho currently isn't and will take 6 months to get up to speed playing the Pep way?
Txki gets a whole pile of qudos for last summer's signings but this is wiered.
Why not simply pay Napoli £3m more for Jorjingho?

Sub appearances for Real Madrid. Technically proficient. He is a more aggressive version of Gundogan from the appearances I've seen. Good technic, good vision, good passing touch and good movement.

However, there are YouTube videos of him running past lots of defenders, So clearly there is more to him than I've seen.

More aggressive, faster, more gritty version of Gundogan is not a million miles away. He loves a tackle, is technically brilliant, holds onto the ball well and dribbles past players for fun when he gets into more attacking mode, but unlike Gundogan can't score for shit.

If he ended up here I would be happier with him play 6 than Gundogan personally. He's no Jorginho though.

Don't think he is quite suited to play the pivot role, but perhaps Pep can mold him into it because he has the ability.

Moreso, it seems we have the personnel to play a double pivot more often.

For example, some games we can play our usual trio in 1-2 midfield:
D Silva-----Kevin
-------Dinho

Other games we can play a 2-1 midfield with:
---------B Silva
Kovacic------Gundogan

I think this is better for Gundogan as well, because I never thought he was the best person to take over David's role, Bernardo is more suited.

A guy (City fan) with 25k followers on Instagram posted a picture of Kovacic and asked if he would be the right signing for us, and Kovacic (official account) voted yes. Maybe he was the reason we sent delegates to Madrid a couple weeks ago?

Link to the profile: https://www.instagram.com/d21silva

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.