We've got enough....

Fernandinho is a energy reliant mid at the age where most players lose their energy I honestly won't be suprised if his performances fall off a cliff next season. His World Cup showing wasn't promising either. By Some point of the season we might consider Fernandinho past it and gundogan the starter. And I'm not going to lie gundogan isn't exactly a guy who we can rely on to win the pl at Dm.

We remember what happened to Yaya. Legs can just go and you’re no longer able to do what you did. There is a possibility if not a probability this will happen to Ferdy. Pep wanted cover and competition in that position so I guess he didn’t see Gundy in that role long term.

I’d love it if we had a youngster ready to step up but failing that we need another world class DM signing to compete with a player who physically won’t be able to play the role for maybe more than this coming season.

But if Gundy is that player and Foden can step into his more forward role, then great. I really want to see Academy players coming through.

Fernandinho is a energy reliant mid at the age where most players lose their energy I honestly won't be suprised if his performances fall off a cliff next season. His World Cup showing wasn't promising either. By Some point of the season we might consider Fernandinho past it and gundogan the starter. And I'm not going to lie gundogan isn't exactly a guy who we can rely on to win the pl at Dm.
In an ideal world we would buy a replacement but IMO there doesn't seem a great deal. Pep did acknowledge towards the end of last season that Fern was exhausted and that might be even more critical this year because he has spent the summer at the world cup. If Fern for whatever reason shows a drop in form then Pep may have to rework his midfield to plug the gap just as he changed tactics last year when Mendy got injured. I have this feeling we wont sign anyone else but if things are starting to go wrong he always has the January window to try and put things right.

Hopefully show some promise on tour and save us a few quid,and wasn't he about to make the psg first team ,I could be wrong but thought I had read it somewhere.

could be wrong but dont think he's officially signed yet mate...dont know how true but I read somewhere they waiting until he turns 18 (23rd July) before putting pen to paper, but hopefully that means he can still join the squad for pre-season. Would be great experience for him to get some game time while alot of the squad are still on summer breaks.

We remember what happened to Yaya. Legs can just go and you’re no longer able to do what you did. There is a possibility if not a probability this will happen to Ferdy. Pep wanted cover and competition in that position so I guess he didn’t see Gundy in that role long term.

I’d love it if we had a youngster ready to step up but failing that we need another world class DM signing to compete with a player who physically won’t be able to play the role for maybe more than this coming season.

But if Gundy is that player and Foden can step into his more forward role, then great. I really want to see Academy players coming through.

I think it's true that Fernandinho could start to struggle but imo there is no guarantee the proposed signings would have fixed that.

it would need some experimentation.

Y
could be wrong but dont think he's officially signed yet mate...dont know how true but I read somewhere they waiting until he turns 18 (23rd July) before putting pen to paper, but hopefully that means he can still join the squad for pre-season. Would be great experience for him to get some game time while alot of the squad are still on summer breaks.
Yea your rite mate can't sign till he's 18.as you say be good to have him at least around the squad in America .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.