Who now then?...

Should have pushed harder to sign Emre Can on a free. Would have been ideal in this situation, although I appreciate the club thought they had Jorginho in the bag.

The Sanchez that ended up at United isn't the one that would have played for City. He would have been allowed freedom and to attack whilst having an abundance of attacking taken around him. Looking at how he has played there some could claim we dodged a bullet, what we cannot do though is no longer compete at the highest table. Of course we can be sensible but I don't think we can carry out losing our top targets if it is over a few million here or there. Especially when we are in talks with them for weeks/months which is wasted time looking elsewhere.

Is that a Yes?

No but then we had plenty of options upfront.

We don't have much in Fernandinho's position.

Did we? We had Sane and Sterling for two positions and used Bernardo out of position for a full year until we could get a player we wanted.

I remember watching Villarreal last season in a game on a saturday night and one player caught my eye that day... he looked THAT good in that one game, I had to find out his shirt number so I could look him up.

His name was Manu Trigueros.

Stunning. Reminds me so much of our David. The way he turns on the ball, the way he plays the balls through, his quick feet around tackles and vision have Silva written all over them. And those long balls were for the most part sublime.

I’m sure it helps that he plays in La Liga with the more open field and less of the ten men behind the ball stuff we are subjected to week after week but I can’t see why he wouldn’t add so much class to any team in the Prem. Makes me wonder how consistent he is but given the sheer multitude of quality he shows In that video, all in one season too, he should be better known than he is. I also noticed he was in the La Liga team of the season in 16/17 which is no mean feat.

Thanks for posting that. It’s not often I can watch these YouTube compilations, usually due to the horrific soundtrack or average player but that was class.

As others have mentioned it seems like he wouldn’t really help cover Ferny, which is what we need. He’d be an amazing get if he was defensively minded and capable but you’d know more than I having seen him play and I’m sure Pep et al will have too.

Was thinking maybe Pep would be interested in bringing in Javi Martinez, though he does turn 30 in September.

A lot of talk about Dendoncker last summer (not to us, but linked with other top clubs) - has he completely gone off the boil? 6ft2, strong, good in the air, decent passing range, can cover at CB and is young at 23.

Obviously not a Jorginho calibre type target, but has potential and was highly rated at one point. Would come in fairly cheap as well.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.