Who now then?...

I remember watching Villarreal last season in a game on a saturday night and one player caught my eye that day... he looked THAT good in that one game, I had to find out his shirt number so I could look him up.

His name was Manu Trigueros.

I didn't know whether he just looked good in that game I saw him in, or whether he is consistently as good as that. I don't proclaim to watch Villarreal every week... but my god does he look good on this YouTube compilation... What he has done on this video is just pure footballing artistry...

Going off them clips seems to play more as a no10.

No need to panic buy with Gundogan as backup (didn’t he record the most passes ever playing there last season), and Delph surely able to switch there too given it’s between where he usually plays and where he did last season. Pep knows best.
We need someone-otherwise we wouldn't have pursued anyone.

Delph big step down in that position as is Gundogan. Other names, inc Stones, only a stop gap. Ferny is getting on and had a tough few weeks. Crucial position in this team, imperative we get someone in.

What is it we’re lacking now that has seen us back out of huge spending compared to Chelsea & rags?

I get we don’t need to be paying over the odds for ‘prestige signings’ but for a position we really need to strengthen and a player Pep identifies he needs, then surely it does make sense to pay what it takes to get the deal done, if Pep really wants a specific player (eg Sanchez last season and now Jorginho).

Are we falling behind in terms of wealth? Suffering from relatively low commercial appeal compared to the shit and the big Spanish clubs - but surely not Chelsea?
No, it appears with simply have values for players and refuse to go above them.

I believe it’s called being well run.

Delph big step down in that position as is Gundogan. Other names, inc Stones, only a stop gap. Ferny is getting on and had a tough few weeks. Crucial position in this team, imperative we get someone in.
It doesn't follow we need someone because we pursued someone, if the right player is available, as it seemed,we will go for him , if not we'll wait. We are better off now than we were at the start of last season.

It doesn't follow we need someone because we pursued someone, if the right player is available, as it seemed,we will go for him , if not we'll wait. We are better off now than we were at the start of last season.
Didn't Pep say we needed cover in that position? Fernandinho is unlikely to play as well/consistently next season-he is naturally going to decline at some point.

Didn't Pep say we needed cover in that position? Fernandinho is unlikely to play as well/consistently next season-he is naturally going to decline at some point.
Yes we will need cover, but only when the right player is available, if we need to wait until January or next summer we will. Pep is good enough to adapt. Last season we had Yaya this injuries permitting we'll have Gundogan or Delph. If we have wing backs we could also play a back 3 in games and not need a D.M as Stones or Laporte can step out of the back 3. Obviously Jorginho would have been good as would someone else if the right player is available but going with what we have doesn't worry me in the slightest.

I think it is imperative we don't panic and get the wrong person in. Rather go with what we have and wait then go for an inferior option. Some of the names on lists appearing on this thread leave a lot to be desired.

No, it appears with simply have values for players and refuse to go above them.

I believe it’s called being well run.
Nah mate, not having that. It was a fuck up with the Jorginho deal, pure and simple. For the sake of a couple of mil it should have been wrapped up. We invested and wasted a lot of time on the deal and for a club with our wealth, instead of haggling over how many years we pay and a couple of mil here and there on various incentive related bonuses, we should have just nailed it off and not given ADL the opportunity to fuck us.

Last edited:
Yes we will need cover, but only when the right player is available, if we need to wait until January or next summer we will. Pep is good enough to adapt. Last season we had Yaya this injuries permitting we'll have Gundogan or Delph. If we have wing backs we could also play a back 3 in games and not need a D.M as Stones or Laporte can step out of the back 3. Obviously Jorginho would have been good as would someone else if the right player is available but going with what we have doesn't worry me in the slightest.
Fair enough-but please no 3 at the back. I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.