Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

15 kids in our street in Chorlton-on-Medlock in the 60s - 12 manure fans. I remember telling everyone at 3 or 4 years old that I was a City fan - seemed more fun to be in a minority. Found out years later that my granddad was a City diehard since before Maine Road. However, one grandparent was a scouser and by the age of 10 I was in the mindset of hoping that Liverpool stuff the other big teams and do us a favour. But over the years a lot of their fans have gone weird (to put it mildly) - the sense of entitlement, the rabid behaviour, the OTT hostility and the resulting tragedy. But it has to be said that they have suffered as well. They live in the past - a past of betamax videos and budgie smuggling shorts. But when they run out to play manure I'm hoping Liverpool win and humiliate 'em. Those two are obsessed with each other - for whatever reason, neither are obsessed with us apart from a few TALKshite regulars.

Carlimg cup semi the players and fans coaches were bottled and bricked outside lou macaris chippy.

Rags down the canal side near eastlnds throwing bricks at old fans and families when we first moved until they were ran off one game.

The sneak attack of the vic by the MIBs 4-5 years ago.

Wembley semi final attacking families and pensioners (again)

Sorry for me rags fans (hard core ones not the plastics) are just as bad as the scousers and also consistent whether we were decent a team or shite, while scousers only care now they see us as a rival

Yes Yes skirmishes, Im sure some scroaty City fans have done as bad over the years.

But I cant see United fans before a big game announcing the trashing of City's coach on its way to the ground, goading other fans to join in the 'attack' on twitter and social media............and I cant see thousands of grown men lining the streets, organised and kitted up with flares, bottles etc, and I cant see Manchester Police standing by while it happened.

Dippers. It's a cultural thing. Liverpool gained it's prominence as a seafaring port, it's prosperity being built on it's major part in the slave trade. Much of it's population also came from Wales and Ireland and with this influx came their tribal attitudes which last to this very day. They are not Brits as we would understand the term. They are a breed unto themselves and we have to accept this difference because they will never change. At least we can understand the rags as the genuine ones just support their team like any other supporters would, the rest of them being harmless and misguided TV supporters.

Bigotry? Talk about devaluing the term. You are all over the place here if you think this subject is comparable to real forms of bigotry that affect people's lives. It's quite embarrassing that you'd throw terms like that around and shows a massive lack of perspective.

What on earth are you talking about? "Devaluing"... sorry but let me give you the definition of the word so there can be no further confusion about what it actually means:

intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

So the point was too many old timers feel it's fine to be intolerant of opinions different to their own, when they write everyone who dares to differ off as a JCL, an embarrassment to the club and generally not welcome in their eyes. That's covered and justified the use of the term in one sentence right there, it might seem like a strong word but sometimes it really can just be used to highlight shitty attitudes or behaviour(much like prejudice there are levels but the same word still applies to all of them, in no way is that devaluing anything).

I only levelled it at you directly in the last post because you responded directly to it, I may disagree with you and I may tell you I think you are wrong but what I wont do is imply anyone who holds an opinion different to mine which in truth doesn't affect anyone at the club, is a JCL and not welcome because you're embarrassing me. Haha sorry but have you even heard how ridiculous that sounds? Also if I did find myself doing that I'd simply acknowledge it on some level and reign it in a bit, not go into some circular, barely cohesive, slightly cryptic essay that gets me nowhere.

I get it, you were obviously triggered by the original post judging by the way your posts read. I knew some of you would take huge offence to it even without even mentioning names or singling anyone out but I felt I had to say it as it really grates on me the frequency in which it happens(nobodies perfect I get that too, I'm sure I annoy some myself but I'm free to express my annoyance if I feel people are getting way above themselves).

Not at all. But, like I said, if you want to apply 'normal' judgement and thought processes to all aspects of football, then great. But you and I both know that you don't and can't and that's why you have avoided trying to make a coherent argument justifying your attempts to judge attitudes to football through the prism of normal society values - but only on this one aspect.
You are all over the place here

The whole post was about that. It's not my problem if you won't respond properly to it (although we both know that it is almost certainly because you know the hypocrisy of your position when judged against how you - and everyone - accept(s) other equally or worse 'group think'/irrational aspect of football support). Your argument of 'who is anyone to suppose that fans of one team might have a set of shared values' is so far away from being a position that you can hold a consistent stance from that you've bottled out of exploring it further as you can see the weaknesses already.

First off I've avoided nothing, what's left to answer? Other than some cryptic nonsense which if someone were to read it aloud to you tomorrow you'd have no chance of deciphering yourself. I don't know if you're trying to appear intellectual with your wording or think you did a good job of putting a cohesive argument together but you're failing on both marks. Here's a fancy word for you to learn: succinct.

Or is that your whole intention... make as little sense, go off in random directions about rules in society not applying in the prism of football(waffle.. pure enjoying the smell of your own farts type waffle). In closing I level that YOU are they only hypocrite here pal, this whole conversation reads like you desperately trying to have the last say without saying much at all.

Edit: At this point I can't endure another of your posts. I'm off for a brew and and some icecream if there's any left... You win, it's fine for you to tell everyone who even dares to pick Liverpool they are new fan, a Johnny Come Lately, more than that the type of JCL that feeds "ammunition" to the perception other clubs have looking in(I assume) of new fans "not getting it" which is a hot topic among rags and dippers conversations around the city fanbase clearly.

Last edited:
Fucking despise the pair of em. End of errand. If you'd of asked me a few years ago, I'd of laughed at the thought of anybody getting near to my hatred of the rag vermin. But now, I genuinely can't separate them. The pair of vile scum bastards! ! CTID

It's taken me 52 years for the answer to this question not to be United, but for me now it's Liverpool.

If they were playing each other and the result meant nothing to me (and I couldn't have a draw) I'd want United to beat them.

Vile club. I'm not sure they even are a club they're weird. The sense of entitlement is astonishing and that's just for starters.

I know I'll be in a minority but I sense that minority is growing.

You can add me to the growing list as well, and particularly since Klopp became manager with his big teeth, stupid baseball cap on back to front, singing with the fans like a twat, bitter reactions to any decision that don’t go his way, and ludicrous (and, QED, hypocritical) vow to quit football rather than join the big spenders. Totally up himself, totally invested in the “special” LFC narrative. Ghastly.

It's like asking who's your favourite child...up to last season's "banter", I would have said rags all day long and twice on a Sunday, but the grief-monkeys are getting there.
Still the rags tho....just!!

Is this a fucking joke or what?

Some people need to take a look in the mirror.

United have been shit since Slur Alex finished.

Never, ever, forget how they lauded it and belittled our club.

I want them dead. Every last fucking one of them. Scum evil ****s.

Liverpool? An irrelevance, a bit like when we couldn't beat Everton for a length of time.

Don't give them any further degree of self importance by hating them. Pity is what they deserve.

£1bn spent in 30 years and no closer to a league title. Bunch of Welsh turds, nothing more.

As for United, they sustain my life to the extent I wouldn't enjoy it half as much without the pure hatred I have for those rats.
Fucking hate Them

giphy.gif

You can add me to the growing list as well, and particularly since Klopp became manager with his big teeth, stupid baseball cap on back to front, singing with the fans like a twat, bitter reactions to any decision that don’t go his way, and ludicrous (and, QED, hypocritical) vow to quit football rather than join the big spenders. Totally up himself, totally invested in the “special” LFC narrative. Ghastly.
Lets not forget "THIS MEANS MORE" around the CL games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.