Who do you dislike more, United or Liverpool?

I totally accept that, it’s not the whole of Liverpool’s fault for that one disgraceful tweet.

But have you ever been in the lower tier of the away end at Anfield where dozens of kids in the tier above gob on the City fans below? While the dads and stewards look on and laugh? I have, a few times, it’s not isolated individuals.

As I said earlier, I’ve been to around 50 away grounds, and Anfield is the only one where I’ve witnessed racist abuse directed at City fans.

Liverpool are the only fans to my knowledge that have booed a player who was being stretchered off with a neck brace on, requiring 10 stitches.

They’re the only fans to my knowledge who en mass booed a player who’d complained about being racially abused.

The only fans I know of who essentially organised with the club and the police to arrange an abush on our team coach before a semi final.

These aren’t lone wolf, one-off bad eggs, these are mass participation events that a huge number of Liverpool fans have been involved with.

If Milwall fans had done exactly the same, everyone would be up in arms about it, calling it a disgrace.

But because Liverpool have such favourable press, the reputation of being a bit “cheeky” with the odd “lovable scallywag”, they get away with murder.

I think the fact the old “my enemies’ enemy is my friend” adage has also meant a lot of City fans have turned a blind eye to the reality of the behaviour of Liverpool fans over the years.

I also think the “reds under the bed” mentality makes it hard for some to see how any club could possibly be as bad as United in any context.

But again, going off my own individual experience, United fans have been hanging, pisstaking, arrogant wankers, but Liverpool fans have been a whole lot scummier.
I find it hard to hate them because I’m good friends with some of their fans and those friendships were forged by a mutual dislike of united. One or two of them proper boys btw (I have some mental friendships, all things considered). I have friends who are united fans, but that isn't the founding stone of our relationship. Far from it.

So, I feel I’m staying loyal to those friendships by refusing to get drawn in too much. What some of their supporters did to our team coach though, was disgraceful. All I’ll say, is that behaviour does not remotely represent the people I know today. Can’t speak for some of them thirty years ago, mind.

Great post. Wish we had a “like” feature on here. As a forty year old blue I’ve taken my fair share of shit from many rags but in my opinion the dippers are a cut above the rags. As you say it’s just my opinion, I’m not trying to be more or less a blue than anyone else. On a similar note I supported all England players in the World Cup, not just the city players, which according to some makes me less of a blue than them.
I was born in 1985 and been a blue since 1989, started out with the rough parts. Can't be a big, big blue though as in my opinion it's always been banter and rivalry with the rags and as much as I hate them, the dippers are fucking poisonous. Never seen the rags brick a team coach, much less try and excuse it as banter before trying to make out it was another club's fans trying to make them look bad.

It was Chelsea fans la.

Yes Yes skirmishes, Im sure some scroaty City fans have done as bad over the years.

But I cant see United fans before a big game announcing the trashing of City's coach on its way to the ground, goading other fans to join in the 'attack' on twitter and social media............and I cant see thousands of grown men lining the streets, organised and kitted up with flares, bottles etc, and I cant see Manchester Police standing by while it happened.

A group mentality, mass hysteria, a gathering and ritual, all signs of a cult and all describe the coach greeting (remember it isn't just us who they have done it with).
That is liverpool, a wierd cult acting in odd ways.

The rags are not a cult, they are a set of ****s, sneaky bastards thay willfully ambush blues on their own or families, the types that wait for a pub to be only 5 deep of blue then 40 of them will turn up of to kick said 5 blues head in.
They aren't doing it out of some odd hysterical giddy **** mentality like the scousers.

And as fir police inaction, I have had bottles thrown at me when walkong past the trafford with GMP stood on the roundabout doing fuck all about it, and when herded to the away end and rags have thrown punches the same coppers have then manhanddled blues.

The difference in policing at eastland as to it is at the swamp from the same force is probably akon to anfield and goodison.

Rag get away with drinking on the streets and being bellend just like the scousers aroumd their grounds.

I’ve thought about this question a lot and every single fiber of both club from owner to sink pisser involved I hate the lot.

But then it got me thinking; is there a team I don’t hate in the premier league? I can’t think of one.

I’ve thought about this question a lot and every single fiber of both club from owner to sink pisser involved I hate the lot.

But then it got me thinking; is there a team I don’t hate in the premier league? I can’t think of one.

West ham I don't mind.

I’m sorry, sounds like your going through a tough stage of your life. I hope things get better for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.