Huddersfield (H) Pre Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
David will start I imagine, can't believe so many have left him out. If fit, first name on the team sheet, slot the rest around him.

It’s mad isn’t mate, but it’s actually happened at the start of every season for the last few years.

Firstly he was going to be replaced in the team by Nasri, then his injury meant he should be dropped, then dropped for DeBruyne, then Gundogan, and this year it’s seemingly Bernado.

Internet fans and their strange obsession with the shiny new toy.

Thankfully, most match going fans and our managers all realise how good Dave is and how much better we play as a team with him in it.

I’m sure as soon as he’s fully fit he’ll be straight back in the team and dictating games like he always does.

Didn’t it work for 90 minutes?
Not quite. There was a long spell where they pressed really intelligently and stopped us playing our game, largely restricting us to our own half for periods and threatening the counter. Eventually they got tired and we took over, I'm pretty sure by the hour mark they were pinned back like every other team would have been, but unlike most games we just didn't score.

Last edited:
David will start I imagine, can't believe so many have left him out. If fit, first name on the team sheet, slot the rest around him.

"If fit" is the key. We don't know how fit he is. How bad was/is the hip injury and can he play for 90 min. or 60 min.? Might be better to ease him in and have him come on for the last half hour.

Would be hard to drop Bernardo for a not quite fit Silva, but if the score is 2 goals to the good, then a 15 minute run out to get his legs under him would do David the world of good.

Sané is my only concern to this point. Everyone else appears to have come back ready to go and hungry.

Ederson
Walker-Stones-Laporte-Mendy
Ferna
Bernardo-KDB
Mahrez-Aguero-Sterling

Bench: Bravo, Ota, Kompany, Silva, Sane, Jesus, Delph
I don't think Merlin is fully fit to start but will make his debut in a 15-20 min cameo.

It’s mad isn’t mate, but it’s actually happened at the start of every season for the last few years.

Firstly he was going to be replaced in the team by Nasri, then his injury meant he should be dropped, then dropped for DeBruyne, then Gundogan, and this year it’s seemingly Bernado.

Internet fans and their strange obsession with the shiny new toy.

Thankfully, most match going fans and our managers all realise how good Dave is and how much better we play as a team with him in it.

I’m sure as soon as he’s fully fit he’ll be straight back in the team and dictating games like he always does.

Pep said back end of last season when talkimg about Silva tgat he was so important to the team, but had so many games to play and in future he wpuld like to give him more time to rest

Presser 13th april qoute

Next season, David maybe will not play every game, that’s why the squad has to be big,” the City boss said.

“He’s played more due to his absence, more energy in the legs. The decisions are taken day by day and it is what it is"

I would want David to start every game if fit, but reality is at 32 and with Berny now with a season under his belt in the prem I can see them sharing game time amd while silva is recovering I don't see him starting till at least the scouse game

Ederson
Walker-Stones-Laporte-Mendy
Ferna
Bernard-KDB
Sterling-Aguero-Mahrez

Last edited:
Think you've answered your own query. Maybe so many have left him out because he's not fit?

Nope. Blackburn were 40/1 with a couple of bookies at the swamp in 2012, had €10 on them.
It was WIlliam Hill who pointed it out in their shops. Maybe it's the biggest price the've gone on a team to win or even 40/1 is the biggest price ever. I'm not counting the exchanges either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.