City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I don't know what the crowd was last night - maybe 40k? Brilliant crowd midweek. Nothing to worry about or be ashamed of. At Maine Road we had a hard core of 28-30k maybe peaking at 34k and it has increased 12k in fifteen years. Now get 40k to nearly every game irrespective.

When all is said and done, there were still 40,000 there last night and I suspect there will be more for the other 2 group games. Like Marvin said, you probably have 1 in 2 season ticket holders not buying tickets for CL group games. 3 of my mates who have season tickets didn't bother last night - one lives in Sheffield and the other two locally. Does that make them shit fans? Does it fuck. All 3 have been watching City home and away longer than I have and they've more than earned the right to decide which games they wish to attend.

So if 1 out 2 ST holders aren't going to the group games then that means we have 20-odd thousand more tickets to sell than we do for league games, and we simply don't have a gazillion fans to take up the slack like United or Liverpool do so is it really any surprise the crowd is what it was last night? If anything, we did well to sell as many tickets as we did so perhaps we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much about it. Incidentally, if United didn't force all 55,000 season ticket holders to buy tickets for CL games and FA Cup games does anyone seriously believe they'd have capacity crowds for all their CL and FA Cup games? Would they fuck! And that's a club with miles more fans than us. Fucking hell, tens of thousands of those ST holders who actually HAD tickets for their CL game against Cluj in 2012 didn't bother to turn up.

And I'll leave this one here. In Guardiola's first all-conquering season as Barcelona manager in 2008-2009, Barca played Shakhtar in the group stages at the Nou Camp. Attendance? 22,763. As twosips said, there's apathy towards the group stages of the CL all over the place.

I don't know what the crowd was last night - maybe 40k? Brilliant crowd midweek. Nothing to worry about or be ashamed of. At Maine Road we had a hard core of 28-30k maybe peaking at 34k and it has increased 12k in fifteen years. Now get 40k to nearly every game irrespective.

FA Cup games are the ones for me where crowds have rocketed over recent years. We've sold out every home FA Cup tie that has played at a weekend in the past 5 or 6 years. We get 54,000 sell outs for 3rd round matches these days but 10 or 15 years ago there would've been 20,000-25,000 less than that in the ground even if it was a 3pm kick-off on a Saturday.

When all is said and done, there were still 40,000 there last night and I suspect there will be more for the other 2 group games. Like Marvin said, you probably have 1 in 2 season ticket holders not buying tickets for CL group games. 3 of my mates who have season tickets didn't bother last night - one lives in Sheffield and the other two locally. Does that make them shit fans? Does it fuck. All 3 have been watching City home and away longer than I have and they've more than earned the right to decide which games they wish to attend.

So if 1 out 2 ST holders aren't going to the group games then that means we have 20-odd thousand more tickets to sell than we do for league games, and we simply don't have a gazillion fans to take up the slack like United or Liverpool do so is it really any surprise the crowd is what it was last night? If anything, we did well to sell as many tickets as we did so perhaps we shouldn't beat ourselves up too much about it. Incidentally, if United didn't force all 55,000 season ticket holders to buy tickets for CL games and FA Cup games does anyone seriously believe they'd have capacity crowds for all their CL and FA Cup games? Would they fuck! And that's a club with miles more fans than us. Fucking hell, tens of thousands of those ST holders who actually HAD tickets for their CL game against Cluj in 2012 didn't bother to turn up.

And I'll leave this one here. In Guardiola's first all-conquering season as Barcelona manager in 2008-2009, Barca played Shakhtar in the group stages at the Nou Camp. Attendance? 22,763. As twosips said, there's apathy towards the group stages of the CL all over the place.
But rather and live with than antipathy and accept it, we need to turn this around and win the Champions League.

At the moment the Daily Mail, UEFA, City haters are winning this. City fans need to respond.

Some maybe happy with 40,000 crowds for midweek games. I am not. Arteta said it should not affect the players but I think it does. We need to support the team otherwise what is it all for? This is the final hurdle

I'm one of those ambivalent ones and admit to only going to one, maybe two games in the CL each season. Yet will never miss a PL game.

I can't explain why I feel this way but sense it is something about the struggles we had down the years and the fights to stay in the top flight. Perhaps being a long term supporter has left me with a sense of final achievement of just consolidating our position and I don't feel the need for a competition like this. Very odd, really.

I think the club need to start including CL games within the season card matches, like the rags do, to force people like me to go.

We dont have the fanbase to be forced to include champions league into season tickets like utd do. I think we should all be honest and accept that our support is just embarrassing.

Booing the UEFA anthem is stupid. Puts a negative feel onto the game before it’s started. People still believe that UEFA have nothing better to do than shaft us?!
Attitude of the fans to the competition is ridiculous. Every other club embraces it, we don't and regularly play in front of half empty stadium as a result.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.