Spiegel: Leaked European Super League information

The simple fact is that the clubs don't want the same people going to every game. They want tourists spending in the club shops. A Euro league would help them achieve this.

I don't think you have read it wrong no, and if it goes that way, its the death of domestic football, because there will be money in it, I'd hope that if we have influence that it would be to try and get it to replace the CL, and keep the PL as it is, Khaldoon has acknowledged that we consider the PL as high priority, he must work hard to keep it that way, though I've no idea how that could work.
What’s the price money difference between uefa vs pl winner ?

Wouldn't be totally against it.

I remember the opposition to the formation of the Premier League.

People want to see the best players and the biggest clubs, we got lucky.

Be honest though, apart from ourselves, nobody else would want to watch City of 20 years ago?

I hate games against Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Fulham, being hyped up into something they are not to burnish the Premier League facade.

It's a group of elite clubs and the rest are fodder hoping to get lucky every now and again.

People are resistant to change but globalisation has long come to football.

Wouldn't be totally against it.

I remember the opposition to the formation of the Premier League.

People want to see the best players and the biggest clubs, we got lucky.

Be honest though, apart from ourselves, nobody else would want to watch City of 20 years ago?

I hate games against Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Fulham, being hyped up into something they are not to burnish the Premier League facade.

It's a group of elite clubs and the rest are fodder hoping to get lucky every now and again.

People are resistant to change but globalisation has long come to football.
The problem is, many are 'elite' in name only. I've no objection in principle with a world/euro super league if it's merit based. But 11 of the 16 clubs being guaranteed no relegation for 20 years effectively means it'll be the same match ups every season. How long will that remain interesting?

Down to personal choice, I think the club will want it but the fans, not too sure, biggest problem may be the fans support it to start with but get bored as the years roll buy. How will the money be divided up, equally or based on size of fan base.

I think this is being miss understood

The Super League will surely just replace the Champions League not the League There wont be enough games or even money in it to replace the league. It will just mean the big clubs get more money and keep it good for us it all it will mean UEFA dont get involved thats good. It will mean charging a billion people small amounts to watch a few games rather than lots to watch a lot of games they dont want and using online platforms controlled by the clubs rather than the broadcasters. This is good right ?It will be 20 year Franchise for the big clubs and then they will see who they can swap in or out. Maybe they will have a wild card each year maybe they will expand the clubs in it over the years maybe they will include some clubs from out side Europe That was muted at one time wasnt it ? Perhaps in 10 20 years if its expanded to 20 teams it will threaten the league but not with the select few suggested right now. And in the mean time the Premier League will go from strength to strength

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.