Newcastle (a) post match thread

Whether I post often or not doesn't mean that ridiculous statements shouldn't be questioned.
I thought it was nonsense so I replied, its a forum for discussion not a pissing competition (note no name calling)
I don't think anyone else on here thought Newcastle played like Brazil
It makes sense that you don't post often. Go and piss in someone else's ear petal.

We were deservedly beaten tonight.

I was disappointed with Peps demeanour - something seemed amiss, he certainly wasn't his usual self and I think this was reflected in our in field performance.

Get a grip and sort yourself out Josep.

Cityzens Quote we need a new keeper Ederson should have saved it
Really??? Did you actually read that before you posted it?
Yet another nonsense post following the "We made them look like Brazil one""

Clearly an idiot mate.
from your comment I'd say you are clueless tbh, shotstopper, coach, you aint a fucking clue what you are talking about. I've no idea where you or from nor do i care. But you are chatting shit.

Ignore him, he's a fucking brain donor.

Arsenal game is fuck all now mate. And Arsenal at home yeah tbf.
There’s still 14 games to play. Who’s to say Liverpool won’t have a few shocking defeats? I’m not saying they will absolutely drop points, but we can’t just give up on the title.

So much money spent on defending and we still have problems defending. These useless second balls in front of goal, you just know it will end up in the back of the net.
Ederson is starting to look like another Bravo. Is he able to save anything, other than what is expected of him? He is not a world class keeper. Both Alisson, De Gea, Lloris and a lot of keepers are better. The feet? Sure Ederson is the best, but the feet is only a part of it. I hope Zack Steffen will become our number 1 next season. I'm starting to lose faith in Ederson. Crystal Palace, Leicester, Newcastle. He has to start showing his worth, more than just playing out from the back. We need a fkng keeper. Their job is to save the team when the defenders screw up.

I’m pissed off about tonight, but of the 7 goals conceded that you quote, which should he have saved? The first one tonight I thought he waved at, fair enough. Then two pens, two worldies, and two that are also pretty unsaveable. He is NOT the problem.

I do think Newcastle deserve some credit. They got their shape and formation absolutely spot on, gave us no real space between the lines which made Silva totally ineffective and kept KDB out of the game. Our wide players had zero impact and Newcastle defended really well. They also had Rondon who was a real handful all night.

Doesn’t paper over how bad we were and that things were largely down to ourselves, but they do deserve credit.
Agree the fullbacks dominated our wingers and our free men were Danilo and Walker -the 2 least creative players(being kind there)

Lots of things. Laporte and Stones has been, and still is, a fantastic partnership. They are the main reason Ederson could take a walk around the block during a game. He barely has to be around. That's how much he has to be involved each game. That, and the high possesion City has in every game. But when it actually comes to a one-on-one situations, or when he has to be there and save the team, he leaks. Leicester, Palace, Newcastle. Why can't he stop any shots when the time comes? I've only missed one game this entire season, and I don't believe for once I actually said to myself "damn, he saved us there". He cannot stop the shots. He needs to improve right away. With US keeper Zack Steffen joining in the summer, I really don't think Ederson will be a given between the sticks. I hope not.

That's a rubbish, from me, too.

Thought Palace and Leicester were bad enough but I had hoped that we’d learned lessons from those piss-poor performances and results and would make sure that any points we did drop were not down to complacency, poor attitude or lack of fight and spirit on our part. But it was a case of deja-vu tonight. Just what was the matter with us? Despite the brilliant result against Liverpool last month, it seems the continuing game of catch-up - and the Scousers apparent refusal to drop points - may be taking it’s toll. (Even Pep said he did not expect them to drop many points.) We now, at the very least, have to take maximum points off Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea if we stand any chance at all of retaining our title. On a happier note, we do still have cups to win!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.