Newcastle (a) post match thread

Name a manager who wouldn’t sub KDB off at that moment. It’s a huge risk to leave him on there, and personally I’d prefer Bernardo to the potential of playing with 10 men. I’m sure De Bruyne was disappointing to come off, but he understands that any small foul and he would’ve seen red.
That’s a silly question really as all managers leave players on bookings on every game. Him getting sent off wasn’t a forgone conclusion.

We get back to basics tomorrow in training
Dave needs to have a good look at himself . He's been a passenger of late. Where was the fight ,the will tonight from most of them ?
Need to find a settled 11 in prem and CL. Cups will take care of themselves. Pep must find that ingredient again because 2 important league games coming up . There is no rest.
Night

Then who is the problem? I still think he should catch a few of them. I'm being realistic about Townsends rocket but I'm talking about the rest. Penalties are saved all the time, and his positioning is purely poor at times.
Tonight the problem was Walker playing Rondon onside, and Ferna giving the pen away. I can talk you through all of the other goals if you like.
Point is that a team playing with 75% possession in most games is unlikely to be blaming the keeper, unless he’s chucking it in. Which he’s not.

I do think Newcastle deserve some credit. They got their shape and formation absolutely spot on, gave us no real space between the lines which made Silva totally ineffective and kept KDB out of the game. Our wide players had zero impact and Newcastle defended really well. They also had Rondon who was a real handful all night.

Doesn’t paper over how bad we were and that things were largely down to ourselves, but they do deserve credit.
Totally agree. As bad as our football was tonight they played it well and made it very tight for us. They deserve some credit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.