Ilkay Gundogan - 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they are,why do you believe it should be dressed up different?

Had he been playing for another team and you were discussing him,those are exactly the descriptions that would be used.

Rubbish.

The Manager picks him, so any criticism of the player is also one of the Coach.

Like other City fans you have dug a hole.

Rubbish.

The Manager picks him, so any criticism of the player is also one of the Coach.

Like other City fans you have dug a hole.

The only hole is the wrong one you're talking out of......i'm one of a few on here who appraises him accordingly and not through bifocal blue lenses.

For some bizarre reason you want to focus solely on the negative aspect of my comments.

The only hole is the wrong one you're talking out of......i'm one of a few on here who appraises him accordingly and not through bifocal blue lenses.

For some bizarre reason you want to focus solely on the negative aspect of my comments.
Meh! Not really. But it's all about opinions. Yours were never particularly factual. It was always based on your 'feelings'... Hence why you used criteria like ''grabing the game by the scruff of it's neck" which by the way isn't a factual claim.

Your recent praise of him isn't proof you haven't been wearing blue lenses. But rather proof you've taken off your 'hater lenses.'

Congrats to you for taking them off. But let's ease up on the revisionist history of you giving a fair depiction of his performances so far. Nothing could be farther from the truth

Meh! Not really. But it's all about opinions. Yours were never particularly factual. It was always based on your 'feelings'... Hence why you used criteria like ''grabing the game by the scruff of it's neck" which by the way isn't a factual claim.

Your recent praise of him isn't proof you haven't been wearing blue lenses. But rather proof you've taken off your 'hater lenses.'

Congrats to you for taking them off. But let's ease up on the revisionist history of you giving a fair depiction of his performances so far. Nothing could be farther from the truth
In your opinion,which,for future reference,counts just a much as mine or anyone else's.

players like Ilkay, few & far between..He knows his place ...& turns up most of the time .
He's the kinda guy who will score the winner in the CL final

players like Ilkay, few & far between..He knows his place ...& turns up most of the time .
He's the kinda guy who will score the winner in the CL final
Come on let's be honest pls. He he turned up the last 6 weeks which is great . Prior to that he didn't really turn up aside from once every six or eight games.

Come on let's be honest pls. He he turned up the last 6 weeks which is great . Prior to that he didn't really turn up aside from once every six or eight games.
Not true at all. He was always pretty steady. Lack of conistent playing time and return from injury. Hes shown flashes of really good stuff from the beginning. I have always felt people have been a bit hypercritical of him on here. However, even myself, did at one point acknowledge that he needed to show a bit more... And he has. He is a very solid player to have in rotation. We are lucky

When people have a fixed mindset, even when the evidence is to the contrary, they will still plough the furrow when the chance is there. Gundogan has been one of the best performers in the team now for several weeks. He was never a poor performer yet those who believe he was, while recognising the improvement, now start to allude that it's something linked to his contract: he's only playing well because he wants a new deal!

I'm happy that we have a superb, technical player who is relied on by the manager to play in a record breaking side. He is not perfect, nobody is, but on current form he has to be one of the first names on the team sheet alongsode Bernardo, Aymeric, Sergio and John Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.