Why you supported our wonderful club

I moved from Scotland to Manchester in 1980. Never bothered much with football for a couple of years but I missed going to games, was and still am a Motherwell fan, so decided to go to the swamp a couple of times. Never done anything for me. So never bothered going back. I took a couple of mates from didsbury to Scotland for a weekend and took in a Motherwell game. Them being city fans took me a few weeks later to Maine road. I loved it from.day one and ended up going home and away. Don't get to as many games as I used to but still as passionate. And I thank God I never went to the dark side

Moved from Motherwell to Ardwick in 1970. My older brother decided he'd be a rag so naturally I took the opposite view. When I started going to games regularly in 83 he became a convert. He has worked at the swamp for getting on for 20 years, I'm still not sure if he is a closet rag or just working against them from the inside.
I moved to Didsbury from Motherwell in 1980, started going to city about 1984. Small world

Never had a choice in the matter. My dad was late picking me and my mum up from the hospital cos city were playing, but he signed me up as a junior blue soon after, if not before, and that was that. But he was a blue cos he played in net as a kid and bert trautmann was the best keeper at the time, so he supported City. Whenever plebs I meet on holiday ask me why I'm a city fan I tell them it's cos of Bert trautmann. Catches them out

Been a City fan all my life and I was born in the early 60's
Coming from Salford all my family and relatives are reds, I remember asking my mam (God bless her soul) as a nipper who she supports and she said 'City', In hindsight I think she said that just to annoy my dad as they were always arguing and fighting like fcuk but that was enough for me so I took her side as all my other siblings were reds.

So me supporting City was also a way of supporting my Mother who took no end of shit in general from my dad in in those days.

So in a house full of reds me and my mam became staunch City fans along with my sister who was born later on and became a blue for the same reason as me.

I have three brothers who are reds and I have something over every one of them as I've been a blue all my life.
My elder brother changed colours and became a Leeds fan when they were winning things in the 70's before turning back to red.
The brother younger than me became a Forrest fan when they were winning things before turning back to red
And my youngest brother became a Liverpool fan (early 80's) when they were winning things before turning back to red.

All started life as reds lol.

That actually helped a lot in many ways as they could never take the piss out of me even in our darkest days while United were winning everything because I could always point to their past, whilst on the other hand I've always been a Blue.

Arrived in UK from NZ back in late 1999. In NZ, at the time not a lot of football shown apart from FA Cup Final so only really got into it when arrived here (although played for a club when at school).
My grandad was from Manchester so I had a choice on arrival between supporting recent triple winners or City. No contest CTID!! Oh the irony now when accused of being a glory hunter!!! :-)

Grew up with it. Dad worked for Freddie Pye, brother named Fred after him. Dad was City Junior until his father fell out with someone at the club. One set of Grandparents in Withington, others on Horton Rd, Rusholme. Mum grew up playing with Bert Tratmann’s kid. On matchdays, you could leave the windows open and know the score just from the cheering!

We lived with my grandparents in Withington when they were dying and I was a kid. They’d give us bus fare from Withington Baths to Platt Fields, but we’d walk to the ground to keep the coppers!

Then, we’d stop in at the other grandparents near Maine Road for some Hovis Salt & Vinegar crisp butties and a bag of toffees for the match.

We’d setoff for the ground down the ginnel, across Thornton Rd, then down the passage of the ice cream garage that lined one side of the VIP Parking Lot before coming out right by the passage between the Platt Lane End and the Kippax. Grandads season ticket was in the Maine Stand, but we went in the Platt Lane End as nippers.

Graduated to North Stand when they built it, then got seats in it (Block N, Row 10, Seats 1&2) right behind the goals. Then, into the Kippax with my girlfriends dad and his mates as I got older and my brother got to use my season ticket with my sister (still season ticket holders 40 years later, East Stand Second Tier).

Dad knew a bunch of people at City and was fortunate enough to get behind the scenes many, many times, even playing a few games for the youngsters on Platt Lane before I went to play for Sunderland.

So, as they say, it’s in the blood! NO-ONE in my family is a red.

I started supporting Manchester City F.C. since 2008!! Never supported any Club in Europe before the takeover.

The reason is that Sheikh Mansour is the chairman of Al Jazira sports club that is the only club I supported. Thus, when Sheikh Mansour become the owner of Manchester City FC, I started following the Club and developed a great passion for knowing more about the Club history and supported the club since then to the limit that I do not have anymore the time to follow Al Jazira club. And the rest, they say, is history.

Grew up in Moss Side and my big brother took me to my first game in the mid seventies. We beat United and I was hooked, been believing ever since.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.