Why you supported our wonderful club

I was born in Moss Side in 1968 and my dad and grandad took me to Maine Road in the 1970s. I was intoxicated by the smell of salt and vinegar and the hordes of like-minded souls, funnelling down the entries to the ground. I have never lost that feeling and I have never replicated it in anything else.

My Uncle Alan used to live on one of those Moss Side terraces near the ground, while we lived on the eighth floor of Pickford Court, close to the District Centre, and we used to pop in after the game. He was a hard, hard man and used to stand outside his house as the crowd went past, just making sure there was nothing untoward happening to his property, ready to greet our arrival!

Last edited:
born blue

i was born with a my umbilical cord around my neck choking me and turning blue

My family moved to Manchester in the early ‘50s when I was five years old. A neighbour’s boy asked me if I supported City or United. I didn’t know what the word United meant and replied City. The rest is history.

Never had any interest in football - I was born in the late ‘70s and have always lived down south, so was a Liverpool fan - but picked up the Daily Mail on 4 August 2008 and read that Sheik Mansour has bought something called Man City. Signing Robinho a month later sealed the deal. Been die hard since then.

And I’ve got the half and half scarves off eBay to prove it.

Someone asked me this last night??
What made you become a blue.
Me personally had no choice all my family are blue so just carried on the tradition and started going early 70’s. be interested to see/ hear how you became a follower of our magnificent club.
I was the only blue in my entire family I mean aunts uncles brother sisters grandparents mum n dad
I’m from a family of black sheep.
I wouldn’t change it for the world.

I support us so I can pay for a season ticket and not turn up, I keep us in the news on my own. It winds up rags and scousers alike and drives the media agenda into a frenzy.

As an aside I saw a post on a BBC HYS where some numpty blamed Raheem because none of the kids (he gave tickets to ) interviewed at half time were white!!!!!

Lived in Gorton and Leve as a child. Everyone was blue. Family, mates, teachers the lot. Biggest formative influence was my Grandad and Uncle who I lived with. Both blues. Don't think I met a utd fan until secondary school.

I like the reason that Paul Morley, the writer on all things rock and author of “The North”, gave for being a blue. Being a young kid, when he discovered that United had a stadium called Old Trafford, he thought, “Old? Don't want that”. Seems fair enough to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.