Running thread

3:57:38 in the London Marathon for me, so I'm happy with that. Mostly sticking to halves and maybe the odd quiet marathon now though!
Well done on that. I think I've missed the boat with marathons. I ran half-marathon distances in training when I was in my twenties, but never got round to running a marathon. Now I'm 57, I am pretty exhausted after 10k.

Well done on that. I think I've missed the boat with marathons. I ran half-marathon distances in training when I was in my twenties, but never got round to running a marathon. Now I'm 57, I am pretty exhausted after 10k.

Did my first one last year aged 49 (3:59.20) and a friend did his first in April aged 57, took him 6 hours + mind.................

No motivation this week, heads mashed. First run since my triathlon tomorrow for the local athletics handicap series. Can already feel my lungs tanking it

I ran my first Marathon on Sunday, London and finished in 4hrs 45 mins.. age 46.. I put a lot of training in & felt ok during the race..

I could have gone a little quicker but didn’t know what to expect when hitting new territory at 20 miles plus..

Great day & event loved it.. didn’t think I would want to run another but seriously thinking about London next year & manchester too.

Thanks to Stuuuuu! on here for some really helpful advice earlier this year

I ran my first Marathon on Sunday, London and finished in 4hrs 45 mins.. age 46.. I put a lot of training in & felt ok during the race..

I could have gone a little quicker but didn’t know what to expect when hitting new territory at 20 miles plus..

Great day & event loved it.. didn’t think I would want to run another but seriously thinking about London next year & manchester too.

Thanks to Stuuuuu! on here for some really helpful advice earlier this year

Brilliant. Well done @shady and all other runners. And thanks for the useful tips and encouragement from Bluemooners on this thread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.