Running thread

I ran my first Marathon on Sunday, London and finished in 4hrs 45 mins.. age 46.. I put a lot of training in & felt ok during the race..

I could have gone a little quicker but didn’t know what to expect when hitting new territory at 20 miles plus..

Great day & event loved it.. didn’t think I would want to run another but seriously thinking about London next year & manchester too.

Thanks to Stuuuuu! on here for some really helpful advice earlier this year

Superb mate, well done.

I ran my first Marathon on Sunday, London and finished in 4hrs 45 mins.. age 46.. I put a lot of training in & felt ok during the race..

I could have gone a little quicker but didn’t know what to expect when hitting new territory at 20 miles plus..

Great day & event loved it.. didn’t think I would want to run another but seriously thinking about London next year & manchester too.

Thanks to Stuuuuu! on here for some really helpful advice earlier this year
Out of interest, what kind of fuelling did you do before and during the marathon?

Just put into place my training programme for my first marathon in September. Starting in 3-4 weeks!

24:29 today. My eighth Parkrun and my eighth PB, knocking about 36 seconds off last week's run. I'm delighted with this.

No expert or long distance runner here, but hoping there's someone on this thread who can advise me. I'm 36 had a hip resurfacing two years ago. I'm active, do weights 4 times a week, boxing once, and walk the dog for an hour every day. But...... I miss running like hell!

I've experimented a few times with flat jogs but it's been awful the week after. I just did some hill work for 40 minutes, and felt fine. God knows how I'll feel tomorrow!

Anyone had a joint replacement and got back to running? I've been reading for a week, andn apparently there's no concrete evidence it'll reduce the life span of a new joint. Any thoughts on the matter? Cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.