2017-18 or 2018-19?

buckshot

2017-18 2 trophies but a breeze through the league and nothing to worry about after the CL campaign, Centurions

2018-19 3 trophies (plus a shield) but every match was gut wrenching coming down the stretch.

For me it's 2018-19 even with the years it took off my life. Beating the scum twice gives it the edge imo.

2017-18 2 trophies but a breeze through the league and nothing to worry about after the CL campaign, Centurions

2018-19 3 trophies (plus a shield) but every match was gut wrenching coming down the stretch.

For me it's 2018-19 even with the years it took off my life. Beating the scum twice gives it the edge imo.

This year, everyday of the week and twice on Sunday's.

1. 100 points may ultimately be overtaken, but no one can ever overtake the Grand Slam of four domestic trophies in the season. It's ours, and will always be ours, even if someone joins us. Shove your 5 times (3 defeats), Shove your Barcelona comeback. YOU WEREN'T THE FIRST TO DO THIS.

2. We beat the self righteous, holier than though w***ers from the wrong side of Merseyside. We did it by 1 point, a most gut wrenching, deflating way for them to lose out..... apart from goal difference in injury time after a game has finished!

3. 97 points. It's not even the best or second best.

4. The decline of that lot. Panicking, sacking managers, internal turmoil and now, pushed to the margins. FFP, for which they were an architect, will prevent the club from an immediate return. The longer they're away, the swifter their fan base will decline. The sacred cows of shirt sellers will no longer be interested in joining, and all they will have to rely on is Jones, Smallng and Young for the next 4 years to sell those shirts.

This season has been magnificent.

Last edited:
17-18 was special, centurions and a tonne of records broken, but wasn’t really pushed in the league.
That’s why 18-19 wins it for me (just).
The fight and character we’ve showed, in 4 competitions pretty much all season long and kept on fighting, not helped by shit loads of injuries.
Add to that the effort we put in, in 17-18, to do back to back titles makes it that more special.
The treble helps abit too : )

Hard to say. To steamroll the entire league and get to 100 points in 17/18 was amazing, and something special.

This season to win the league, over the media favourites, and to shut that fairytale bollocks up is something special. 14 wins in a row to claim the title is a Herculean effort. To claim the domestic clean sweep on top of all of that is something I can't see any other club doing besides ourselves for a long time. Then for Kompany to bow out with all of that probably pushes 18/19 ahead for me......just.

This year without a doubt. 2 Wembley Cup Final wins. Got revenge for last season's heartbreaking defeat by beating the rags twice including a make or break away game. Teak tough mentality on the run in to win 14 games (FOURTEEN GAMES) on the bounce and come from 7 points behind to clinch the title and deprive the insufferable scousers and their media fanboys of a summer long wankathon.

Plus Pep just seemed to get us as a fanbase this year in a way he hadn't previously and I think that's what's helped bring about this us v them siege mentality which served us so well in the run in.

Perfect season.

2019. Football is better when it’s a rollercoaster ride and this title/trophy race was one. Last year the title win was wrapped up months in advance. The celebrations for our goals against Brighton, realising over a 20 minute period that we were going to do it after 5 months of shitting ourselves fir every game. Last year there was no such game.even going 2-0 up against the rags we already knew we’d won it no matter what the result of that game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.