2017-18 or 2018-19?

Neither a patch on Stuart Pearce’s great season. Did we score ten home goals?
'96 was a bit more of a vintage year. Five managers in fewer months must surely rank as a bit more exciting than victorious monotony.

Glad to have had both, obviously but this year shows that we have the mentality to come through the toughest of tests. This will stand us in good stead in the future if anyone else has the temerity to get 90+ points again.

Please can we make next season like 2017-18 though?

Last season was amazing 100 points might never be done again.
But this season was mental.
I went to Wembley 3 times in just over 12 weeks...

I have to pinch myself sometimes

2017-18 2 trophies but a breeze through the league and nothing to worry about after the CL campaign, Centurions

2018-19 3 trophies (plus a shield) but every match was gut wrenching coming down the stretch.

For me it's 2018-19 even with the years it took off my life. Beating the scum twice gives it the edge imo.

10pts off Scousers and Scum this time vs. 6 last

2019. Football is better when it’s a rollercoaster ride and this title/trophy race was one. Last year the title win was wrapped up months in advance. The celebrations for our goals against Brighton, realising over a 20 minute period that we were going to do it after 5 months of shitting ourselves fir every game. Last year there was no such game.even going 2-0 up against the rags we already knew we’d won it no matter what the result of that game.

But we had more dramatic victories in 2017/18. That stretch where it felt like every game was a late show heroic, culminating in Raheem's buzzer beater against Southampton. it was also pretty much the period where we fell apart in 2016/17, so hard to over-state its importance. So the heart palpitations were there - just earlier in the season.

Without a doubt this has been a much better win.
We’ve been relentless for over three months. Not been able to drop a point, every game like a cup final.
The pressure in the players has been immense, and for the fans watching it’s been really tense but winning each game was like winning on Saturday.

I’ve started going back looking at the games and enjoying them much more now, although I enjoyed the celebrations at the time

More relaxing last year with the title wrapped up early and never in doubt.

But to come back from 10 points behind a very good team to win it with a 14 match winning run despite the nerves has been awesome .
And clinching the title when we were playing felt better

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.