Frank Lampard to Chelsea Confirmed

If he gets offered it, he can’t possibly turn it down, as it might never come round again.
Imagine supporting Barcelona in 2008 and them offering the job to B team manager Pep Guardiola. With your logic (and plenty of others share your pov) you’d have advised him to turn it down and told Txiki to appoint Mourinho. We might never have heard of Pep......
It is a point of view yes, but they're only offering him because he's cheap and they're in a pickle imho, I'm surprised they haven't gone for Rafa, that would entirely make sense right now, but he probably doesn't want it after his previous experience there.

I like Lampard. I thought he conducted himself brilliantly in his year with us and was genuinely touched by the reception we gave him in his last game. I hope he does well. It’s a free pass to a degree. Lost Hazard, transfer ban. I would be very surprised if Chelsea do anything of note next season. I expect 5th or 6th or them and maybe focusing on the cups would be the best way for him to make an impression.

We don't need one yet, in 2 years it might be different for Vinny.

If I was Frank, I'd talk to them, and say thanks, but no thanks not right now.

Yes, but Vinny would have to pull up a few trees to be ready for CITY in only two seasons, surely? Bearing in mind also that City may be compiling a shortlist after next season, if there is no suggestion of Pep renewing.

Would be fantastic to have Kompany as our Manager, were he successful elsewhere, but I do think that at least one Manager will slot in after Pep, before there is a chance that Vinny returns.

As for Lampard, I believe he WILL take the Chelsea job but will struggle to live up to the hype. I agree, he should turn it down.

Yes, but Vinny would have to pull up a few trees to be ready for CITY in only two seasons, surely?
Of course he would, but its a year longer, and we might ask him back in another role first (assistant for instance, or academy coach).

1 year at derby where he essentially failed, is no reason to offer him a top PL job imho, so there must be another reason, ie he's a cheap popular option, in times of trouble. Frank should see it that way, and try and be successful at derby, where, yes he could fail, but he's more likely to succeed there again imho, which sets him up for bigger jobs down the line.

Too early I reckon. Another couple of years at Derby then Chelsea job be there again

He'll do an Paperboy.

Win his first 6 or 7 then struggle for rest of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.