Frank Lampard to Chelsea Confirmed

I think you do Frank a disservice. He’s a good bloke and unlike most footballers, intelligent with it.

I’m very happy for him.

I think it’s a risk for all involved. Lampard could be out within a few months because Chelsea players have a history of downing tools if they don’t like the manger. But if it works then it will be really good for them - they can win trophies as proven but they need more than that

Like you say, he’s a bright bloke and I’m sure he’s though of the potential negatives but also the huge potential positives

Good luck to him. I can’t see them getting close to City and Liverpool, though

Anything that pisses on John Terry’s chips is fine by me, hope Franks makes a good enough go of it, finishing second to us for a few years of course

We don't need one yet, in 2 years it might be different for Vinny.

If I was Frank, I'd talk to them, and say thanks, but no thanks not right now.
If he gets offered it, he can’t possibly turn it down, as it might never come round again.
Imagine supporting Barcelona in 2008 and them offering the job to B team manager Pep Guardiola. With your logic (and plenty of others share your pov) you’d have advised him to turn it down and told Txiki to appoint Mourinho. We might never have heard of Pep......

Hmmmm big risk for both parties imo.

Lampard is a very intelligent, astute fella but this could all be a little too ‘early’ for him.

I like him though and wish him all the very best.

People are so cock sure he’ll be out within the year but they’ve probably identified him purely because of the circumstances they are in.

They can’t sign anyone, have lost Hazard and have too many players on loan to adhere to the new rules that are being implemented.

If he does 3 years with young players and gets them competitive, he’ll be a hero and could carry on.

They won’t be expecting a title challenge this coming season so he’ll have a free hit as long as he doesn’t have a disaster.

Kepa, Rudiger, Mount, Ampadu, Loftus Cheek, Kante, Hudson Odoi and Abraham looks like a decent starting base. A group of good young players who will have absolute faith in a Chelsea legend.

That goalie is absolute dogshit mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.