Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I've heard him and the rest of the dipper squad quote repeatedly is they apparently never think about us or our results. I expect to hear the same again this season, at least until the kop start singing 'Championes' in early October.

He (and all people who's been exposed to any kind of sports psychology) will tell you that you should put all your focus on things you can control, and you should put all focus on the task at hand. Divide and conquer. Create small goals that lead to a bigger goal, and focus on those small goals. In football (and pretty much all team sports), it's the next game.

In a recent interview he is totally open with that he watched the City game where Kompany scored his screamer, and he's completely open with his reaction as a fan of Liverpool. "Wow, that sucks.", or something in those lines. But when he turns off the TV he is 100% focused on the next game, his next task. He's accepted that he can't affect the result in City's games, but he can affect Liverpool's next game against Barcelona. And in that very interview he says that the Barcelona game was the same. He celebrated until he came in to the dressing room, then he was already focused on the next game.

He is basically saying what all managers, in all sports, are saying all the time: "We are focused at the task at hand. What team x does, what journalist x says, what manager x says, doesn't matter - I can't control it.

• Base fee for group stage: €15,250,000
  • Group match victory: €2,700,000
  • Group match draw: €900,000
  • Round of 16: €9,500,000
  • Quarter-finals: €10,500,000
  • Semi-finals: €12,000,000
  • Losing finalist: €15,000,000
  • Winning the Final: €19,000,000
Seems to end up with a total €110m (not £) earning when you add the market pool and distributed money.

Reaching the semi finals and finals is pretty decisive. Like you point out yourself, being 4th in the PL and 2nd in CL means Tottenham earns more than City. And they are only about £8m behind Liverpool.

This my point about the CL result having more impact on direct revenue.
I may be wrong, but don’t City get a higher country share as we were the champions the previous season.

I’m guessing from the time of your post you are a typical Dipper internet warrior, IE one who has never been to Dipperland and has no affinity to the vilest City with the worst people with the worst accent on God’s green earth.

Does the "value" of a internet post increase if the poster has been to Liverpool?

He (and all people who's been exposed to any kind of sports psychology) will tell you that you should put all your focus on things you can control, and you should put all focus on the task at hand. Divide and conquer. Create small goals that lead to a bigger goal, and focus on those small goals. In football (and pretty much all team sports), it's the next game.

In a recent interview he is totally open with that he watched the City game where Kompany scored his screamer, and he's completely open with his reaction as a fan of Liverpool. "Wow, that sucks.", or something in those lines. But when he turns off the TV he is 100% focused on the next game, his next task. He's accepted that he can't affect the result in City's games, but he can affect Liverpool's next game against Barcelona. And in that very interview he says that the Barcelona game was the same. He celebrated until he came in to the dressing room, then he was already focused on the next game.

He is basically saying what all managers, in all sports, are saying all the time: "We are focused at the task at hand. What team x does, what journalist x says, what manager x says, doesn't matter - I can't control it.
Weird then that Klopp said this: "I never celebrated that another team dropped points or lost a game. For me that's not allowed." about Kyle Walker when Walker tweeted in celebration of Liverpool dropping points.

I may be wrong, but don’t City get a higher country share as we were the champions the previous season.

I think that UEFA looks at some kind of Coefficient based on the last ten years, and divides money from a pot. So City will get more from that pot, for sure. I can't find the exact numbers for 2018/2019, but looking at past years, my guess is that City will earn about €15m less, from CL.

He changes his mind every five minutes, just like his opinion on spending when someone else has an open wallet, and it still doesn't account for player after player being quoted every week of the season about them never thinking about City. Face it, he could hardly say he didn't think about City after that Kompany goal, he knew then that the game was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.