Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's face reality here, we are NEVER going to be the media's blue-eyed boys: the rags, the dippers and -to a lesser extent- Spurs, will always occupy those positions. Whatever we have achieved in the past, and whatever we achieve in the future, we will never get even 5% of the fawning adulation the 'glory' clubs get from the tabloids and the likes of Sky and BT, and also the Beeb.

We had the temerity, the sheer effrontery, to come along and put the rags' noses out of joint - a major sin in the eyes of the British media. Roberto Mancini had the impudence to not only stand up to that snarling, rancid, despotic bully, but to also get the better of him - repeatedly. Something the likes of Slug Custis and his parasitical mates will never forgive us for.

And I am loving every bastard nanosecond of it. Second only to the trophies we have amassed, and the scintillating football we have played in order to win those said trophies, second only to that is the fact that the media in this country are being made to look like the unethical, biased, amateur hacks we've always known they are.
Never is a long time.

Silly idea.
Hmmmmm ok try this

We can have 5 groups of 4 teams, seeded of course. Play each other twice, home and away. You can even lose several games and end up top or 2nd.

The top two teams go into a round of where the top team plays a 2nd team from another group. The winner on aggregate goes through to another round. This also means you could lose a game but still go through. In these groups you cant play anyone local to you though.

Following the last round there would be a further couple of rounds but in these rounds you can play a local team. You do risk your property though as local teams fans can be a bit feisty. Once again you could lose a leg in these rounds and STILL go through

The last two teams play a final and the winner wins a cup. The eventual winner could have lost more games than the other team.

There is that fairer? Losers win and can laud the praise heaped upon them by TV and written media and the fans of the winner have the satisfaction of knowing that every neutral in the universe wanted them to win.

PS I know the flaw, not enough groups. Damn back to the drawing board. I'll give me mates Sepp or Michel a shout. They always seem to be able to wrangle things

• Base fee for group stage: €15,250,000
  • Group match victory: €2,700,000
  • Group match draw: €900,000
  • Round of 16: €9,500,000
  • Quarter-finals: €10,500,000
  • Semi-finals: €12,000,000
  • Losing finalist: €15,000,000
  • Winning the Final: €19,000,000
Seems to end up with a total €110m (not £) earning when you add the market pool and distributed money.

Reaching the semi finals and finals is pretty decisive. Like you point out yourself, being 4th in the PL and 2nd in CL means Tottenham earns more than City. And they are only about £8m behind Liverpool.

This my point about the CL result having more impact on direct revenue.
I’m guessing from the time of your post you are a typical Dipper internet warrior, IE one who has never been to Dipperland and has no affinity to the vilest City with the worst people with the worst accent on God’s green earth.

Hmmmmm ok try this

We can have 5 groups of 4 teams, seeded of course. Play each other twice, home and away. You can even lose several games and end up top or 2nd.

The top two teams go into a round of where the top team plays a 2nd team from another group. The winner on aggregate goes through to another round. This also means you could lose a game but still go through. In these groups you cant play anyone local to you though.

Following the last round there would be a further couple of rounds but in these rounds you can play a local team. You do risk your property though as local teams fans can be a bit feisty. Once again you could lose a leg in these rounds and STILL go through

The last two teams play a final and the winner wins a cup. The eventual winner could have lost more games than the other team.

There is that fairer? Losers win and can laud the praise heaped upon them by TV and written media and the fans of the winner have the satisfaction of knowing that every neutral in the universe wanted them to win.

PS I know the flaw, not enough groups. Damn back to the drawing board. I'll give me mates Sepp or Michel a shout. They always seem to be able to wrangle things
And call it a Champions thingy with non Champions being allowed in.

I’m guessing from the time of your post you are a typical Dipper internet warrior, IE one who has never been to Dipperland and has no affinity to the vilest City with the worst people with the worst accent on God’s green earth.

Its wrong to assume.....He could very well be working a night shift

Oh wait.....

He said it repeatedly last season, he's said it in interviews before, during and after this season. And I've not heard him give any other manager or team nearly as much praise.
The only thing I've heard him and the rest of the dipper squad quote repeatedly is they apparently never think about us or our results. I expect to hear the same again this season, at least until the kop start singing 'Championes' in early October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.