Philippines

I went in about 2012. Mainly did the highlands as I wasn't there long. I can really recommend Banaue and Batad.

720559_15062210290030166979.jpg

Sagada is good too, but expect going between places to take a long time because the transport infrastructure is pretty shit. You can ride on the roof of a jeepney though if you've got a suicide wish.

I didn't spend too long in Manila but my general impression was that it doesn't live up to other Asian cities in terms of local culture and food. Everything seemed to be some American-style chain restaurant or diner. In fact, I didn't really rate is as a food country at all.

@I'm With Stupid

Food can be brilliant if you know what to eat and you are a fan of pork, chicken, fish and vegetables.

Lechon
Lechon Kawali
Adobo
Sizzling Sisig
Bicol Express
Pinakbet
Laing
Fresh barbecue chicken
Sweet and sour red snapper

There are many American fast food places, the main local one being Jollybee which Filipinos go crazy for, they actually cue up for up to an hour for jollybee in London.

I do agree that most people would prefer Thai, Vietnamese, Japanese food; Filipino food is not as main stream

I like all different types of cuisines though

Thanks everyone for the comments and suggestions.

I've heard that Manila isn't much cop so the idea was 2 nights there on arrival (don't land until 00.45 though, gives me a full following day and night to see the place and get the fridge magnet), then head off elsewhere, probably to Boracay where I've held a hotel for 6 nights. From there I was thinking Bohol for 5 nights but that would mean flying into Cebu and possibly having to stay the night there which doesn't really appeal, so I might have to re-think that (there is an indirect service from Caticlan to Tagbilaran but again that doesn't massively appeal logistically) It's this 5 night window that I have a pretty big question mark against at the moment......

I'm gonna have to do 1 further night in Manila at the end as I fly home early, but I'll just do an airport hotel for that.

10th - 12th Feb Manilla
12th - 18th Feb Boracay
18th - 23rd Feb ?
23rd Feb Manila
24th Feb fly home at 06.30.

Would love to squeeze in a few more days but sadly just can't do it with work :(

I've heard that Manila isn't much cop so the idea was 2 nights there on arrival (don't land until 00.45 though, gives me a full following day and night to see the place and get the fridge magnet), then head off elsewhere, probably to Boracay where I've held a hotel for 6 nights. From there I was thinking Bohol for 5 nights but that would mean flying into Cebu and possibly having to stay the night there which doesn't really appeal, so I might have to re-think that (there is an indirect service from Caticlan to Tagbilaran but again that doesn't massively appeal logistically) It's this 5 night window that I have a pretty big question mark against at the moment......

I'm gonna have to do 1 further night in Manila at the end as I fly home early, but I'll just do an airport hotel for that.

10th - 12th Feb Manilla
12th - 18th Feb Boracay
18th - 23rd Feb ?
23rd Feb Manila

Would love to squeeze in a few more days but sadly just can't do it with work :(

I've been told that the beach parties at Boracay are now cancelled, this was party of Duterte plan to clean up Boracay beach area.

Check Ferry as an option also, good method of travel but has been some disasters so consider this when booking

Please also be well aware in advance that flights are much more likely to be cancelled / delayed if flying Cebu Pacific or Philair than they are here.

10th - 12th Feb Manilla
12th - 18th Feb Boracay
18th - 23rd Feb ?
23rd Feb Manila

What are you looking to be doing for those night? I could help if understood what you were after? PM me if you want

What are you looking to be doing for those night? I could help if understood what you were after? PM me if you want

I'm not entirely sure myself tbh haha

I think I want more beach for sure. Not overly fussed about beach parties or anything like that. Plus maybe some more of the natural sights that they have, hence thinking Bohol as I've read it has amazing beaches but also the river and chocolate hills etc

And need to be somewhere that has an easy connection back to Manila, which Bohol does on the day I need it.

I think I want more beach for sure. Not overly fussed about beach parties or anything like that. Plus maybe some more of the natural sights that they have, hence thinking Bohol as I've read it has amazing beaches but also the river and chocolate hills etc

And need to be somewhere that has an easy connection back to Manila, which Bohol does on the day I need it.

Bohol was brilliant, I would highly recommend it

Think you might need to get flight to Cebu then ferry to Bohol if going from Boracay. Or maybe two flights either Clark or Manila.

I don't think there is direct flight link between Boracay and Bohol but could find out for you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.