Factory Records 40th anniversary

Milk that fucker ....

Side 14 looks tasty but nothing most wont already have.

Agree that Factory output is a tad overrated, a sacred cow its become ‘un-Mancunian’ to criticise.

For me, there’s no need to go beyond the 2 hour Essential Mix that was put together and broadcast in tribute to Wilson’s passing. This has the key material.
One to download before it gets taken down, which I can see maybe happening with these new releases...

Me too.

Around 80% of Factory Records' music was shite as well.

That's probably true of most any label to be fair, and at the turn of the 80s when popular music veered all sorts of directions in throwing off the yolk of "hippie fatuousness" one can't be surprised some of those experiments were right unsuccessful.

Having said that, even if you're right . . . the 20% that wasn't shite was sublime and game-changing.

I've always been okay that Wilson the impresario was a red because Ian and Rob were blues. Is Erasmus a rag? Does Saville even care?

Looks like a rehash of the palatine 4 album box set from the 90s. Which you can probably get for quarter of the price on Internet but without all the extra stuff.

That's probably true of most any label to be fair, and at the turn of the 80s when popular music veered all sorts of directions in throwing off the yolk of "hippie fatuousness" one can't be surprised some of those experiments were right unsuccessful.

Having said that, even if you're right . . . the 20% that wasn't shite was sublime and game-changing.

I've always been okay that Wilson the impresario was a red because Ian and Rob were blues. Is Erasmus a rag? Does Saville even care?

There were more proper blues than reds at factory by far. Rob and Mike Pickering went home and away, Pickering still does.

Was once queuing at the Maine Road ticket office around about 1999 and I heard the lady ask the guy in front of me’s name, to which he replied “Erasmus”. I looked up in shock as there can’t be many of them around and, yep, there he was, Alan Erasmus.

There were more proper blues than reds at factory by far. Rob and Mike Pickering went home and away, Pickering still does.

Was once queuing at the Maine Road ticket office around about 1999 and I heard the lady ask the guy in front of me’s name, to which he replied “Erasmus”. I looked up in shock as there can’t be many of them around and, yep, there he was, Alan Erasmus.

So he's a blue then? I sheepishly have to say I wondered if he was a red for the sole reason that in "24 Hour Party People" Lennie James is wearing the red and white bar scarf (in the scene where he visits the Russell Club for the first time).

Thanks for the info on Pickering. I remember reading Gretton was buried with his City scarf; don't know if that's apocryphal or not.

Hacienda gin anybody £32.00
a1c6ea87b94c58cd02374d16b3ac9a4e.jpg

So he's a blue then? I sheepishly have to say I wondered if he was a red for the sole reason that in "24 Hour Party People" Lennie James is wearing the red and white bar scarf (in the scene where he visits the Russell Club for the first time).

Thanks for the info on Pickering. I remember reading Gretton was buried with his City scarf; don't know if that's apocryphal or not.
I used to see Rob in the Gardner’s Arms before every single City match, often with other musicians like Mike Pickering, Mike Joyce of The Smiths, various James members and others like “the other” Gallagher brother. The tragedy is he died the week before the Gillingham game and never did see City “turn the corner@.

I’ve seen Mike Pickering all over the place including European games. Often with Noel Gallagher and that Scully geezer and sometimes Paul Lake. I think he’s got a corporate table.

Factory records tunes released on Warner Brothers and they are having an exhibition in London. Wilson and Gretton will be turning in their graves.

I suspect neither would be too impressed with Hooky lumping Ian’s corpse around the country for cash, either.

I used to see Rob in the Gardner’s Arms before every single City match, often with other musicians like Mike Pickering, Mike Joyce of The Smiths, various James members and others like “the other” Gallagher brother. The tragedy is he died the week before the Gillingham game and never did see City “turn the corner@.

I’ve seen Mike Pickering all over the place including European games. Often with Noel Gallagher and that Scully geezer and sometimes Paul Lake. I think he’s got a corporate table.
Gardner's Arms, brings back memories of when I used to go the game with my dad who was best mates with Mike Pickering's father. Often met up with Mike great lad, not seen him for year's mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.