FIFA investigation: No transfer ban

CAS haven't even put the hearing of City's pre-emptive appeal on their list yet and I'd be very surprised if UEFA announced any "verdict" before that is settled.
I can think of one argument why UEFA might rule first:

If UEFA find City guilty then they can whiten their image, and do nothing if CAS later rule in our favour.

If CAS rule in our favour first, then UEFA can't even clean their image and be seen to have tried their best.

Dan Roan again so keen to make it clear the investigations that City face.
I know Liverpool and Utd fans must lap this up, but the majority must start to click now.
We're his consuming passion -
"... Roan’s talent for placing sporting issues such as these into a wider political context.
’Sport has been revolutionised by the huge amount of money that’s come into it. It’s part of the modern business world, but hasn’t caught up governance-wise. When you see Putin using the Winter Olympics and now the FIFA World Cup to project his image onto the world, and the situation in Qatar, Abu Dhabi and China, you see sport as another arm of power. These places are using sport as a way of projecting their authority, not only on their own people, but globally too. So money in sport is becoming important to governments as well as just people.’
https://www.tcs.cam.ac.uk/a-life-in-sports-reporting-the-bbc-s-dan-roan/

"he asks the questions our audience are interested in, they are not his own views..." - well, well well.

I can think of one argument why UEFA might rule first:

If UEFA find City guilty then they can whiten their image, and do nothing if CAS later rule in our favour.

If CAS rule in our favour first, then UEFA can't even clean their image and be seen to have tried their best.
I suspect that is how it will go, they'll announce a ban, subject to the CAS outcome, which will reverse it, and UEFA can say they tried their best to stop us to those who want us stopped, which incidentally might not really include UEFA, because they want the best players in the CL, and we have them.

Here’s how tomorrow’s sport pages cover Manchester City: • ‘City avoid transfer ban’ • ‘Does City let-off give Chelsea hope of lifting ban?’ • ‘City given ban let-off’ • ‘City admit guilt to avoid transfer ban’

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.