Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 'produced' significantly before the formation of the PL, which was my term of reference.

Ability wise, I'd otherwise agree, but he never got close to fulfilling his talent imo (which is hardly a novel or controversial point)

Agreed. but did play in the premier league 98_99 season

Probably the best midfielder this country has produced since the formation of the PL. Struggling to think of anyone as good.

I thought Scholes was far better than Gerrard. Gerrard was a showreel player where as Scholes had more to his game. Scholes was far better than Gerrard in the deeper role and just as threatening on the edge of the box, or breaking into it. Gerrard had a better engine and could go on lung bursting rune, but Scholes was a more intelligent footballer.

Would Gerrard have looked better than Scholes in those United teams? Or was Scholes one of the key parts in making those teams as successful as they were?

Scholes gets a lot of stick on this forum, he has become an easy target due to his media persona, but he was an absolutely fantastic footballer. A major exponent of the tactical foul as well. It has been made into a bit of a running joke in regards to his challenges but he knew exactly what he was doing.

I thought Scholes was far better than Gerrard. Gerrard was a showreel player where as Scholes had more to his game. Scholes was far better than Gerrard in the deeper role and just as threatening on the edge of the box, or breaking into it. Gerrard had a better engine and could go on lung bursting rune, but Scholes was a more intelligent footballer.

Would Gerrard have looked better than Scholes in those United teams? Or was Scholes one of the key parts in making those teams as successful as they were?

Scholes gets a lot of stick on this forum, he has become an easy target due to his media persona, but he was an absolutely fantastic footballer. A major exponent of the tactical foul as well. It has been made into a bit of a running joke in regards to his challenges but he knew exactly what he was doing.

Scholes was a fantastic player I rate him above Gerrard, then Lampard behind Gerrard. If Scholes played anywhere else though he would've been punished accordinglt for his shocking technique.

I love watching him cover rag games tbh, sitting their all miserable and close to tears, more please.

Unfortunately I think Gerrard was better than Lampard, Gerrard had absolutely everything, Lampard was better in an attacking sense, but Gerrard had it all. Bloody scousers.

I'd agree but Lampard had far more football intelligence than Gerrard. The latter was not a 'clever' footballer. Unquestionably talented though.

All-time classic line for Blues of a certain age:
"I'm desperate. I'm desperate, Dan"
I am the man for the job!
I can do that go on gizzit! giz a job!
Bernard Hill who played lazy scouse twat Yosser Hughes - who looked like Magnum along with Souness - actually comes from Salford.
Must not have been able to find a proper dipper to play the part, probably would've meant coming off the dole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.